Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Crazy Busy

Yesterday was crazy. And awesome.
As I fell in to bed last night (or this morning at 2AM) I realized I  missed Castle. The only show I actually watch on tv. But I don't care. I think, if you were in my situation, you wouldn't care either.
Now let me tell you why my day was SO awesome.....and crazy.
I woke up and texted sister7 to tell her something I thought was funny. Her response to me was the she was having contractions 7 minutes apart. WOOHOO nephew7.2 was getting ready to join the family on the outside! Then I made a phone call to schedule an appointment with the chiropractor.....Dr. Brother6. And so we all got ready and went (an hour away) to his office. YAY! It's been far too long since we have been adjusted. It was lovely. And we already have our appointments set up for next week. Happy.
While driving in to the chiro office I got a phone call from the optical center, which is closer to brother6's office than to my house. My glasses came in. So we decided to go get those while we were already in the area. But first I called sister7 to see how the labor was coming along. Not as good as we hoped. So we went and got some lunch and picked up the glasses.
I told sister7 that I would be happy to take delivery pictures, which she very much wanted, since she didn't feel she had enough of with the birth of niece7.1. So I was hoping she could have the baby while we were still close by. Well, as luck would have it, she didn't. Of course. So I headed back home. An hour back home. And I was home for about 45 minutes when I got a text from said sister letting us know that she was headed to the hospital! Of course.

I also had an appointment with sister1 to take family pictures for them. They were going to come out to me, but in light of the current situation, I suggested going in to a place closer to their house to take pictures. And then after I got done I could head over to the hospital. I met sister1 and family about a half hour later, and took some really cute family pictures!! And amazingly, it was only the oldest and the youngest that were uncooperative. YES. I said oldest. But as you can see, I got a picture of him smiling anyway. (which is not how most of the pictures looked, believe me)

After that I headed to the hospital. And waited. Apparently, once sister7 got her epidural things really slowed down. But we all had a grand ol' party. Mom & sister2 were there. And sister7's m-i-l got there the same time as me. Shortly after s-i-l5 came. Then sister3. And later s-i-l6. So that by the time nephew7.2 got there we were all there to welcome him. I missed sister1 though. Then it would  have been a complete group. I got some good pictures of the birth. We had a good time. And it was an amazing experience.

I love my family.
By the time I got home and in bed it was about 2:00AM. I am tired today. But it was all worth it! What a great day yesterday turned out to be!!

5 comments:

debsfreckles said...

I love this picture of you Nat! And this sounds like a wonderful day! Yay for Sister 7 and nephew 7.2!

LucyH said...

What an awesome sister to do all that! And delivery pictures, what a trooper!

Ruth P said...

It was an amazing experience! One I will never forget! It was fun to be together to witness that sweet baby's enterance into the world.

Ginny said...

Wow!!! I didn't even know your day was so busy! First of all...the funny thing is, when you texted me that morning saying you were coming in to the chiropractor I was thinking...what chiropractor does she see out here!? Lol. Duh. Secondly, your glasses look wayyy cute! Love them, nice choice! Third, uhh...that family picture of the buells is AMAZING! Looks like a picture perfect family.! Third, I didn't know you went all the way home. You're the best! And last....THANKYOU soooo much for being there. It meant a lot! And the memories made unforgettable (splash) haha. And for being so willing to photograph our whole experience, and for giving up sleep and time and travel and gas to be there! Your post made me tear up. It was a special day! Love you sister! Phew.

Randibee said...

Wow! Busy day!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to come photograph my family--the picture makes my family look good--which is very hard to do!