Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It breaks my heart

I was browsing on Pinterest last night when I came across this picture
And it caught my attention, so I looked closer. The caption underneath read something to the effect of, a boy in an orphanage drew a picture of his mother. The rest of it goes (which I found when I googled the picture)- and slept in her arms.

I cried and cried for this child last night. And for other children like him.
The fact is, I would LOVE to bring so many of them home with me.
And my dilemma is that it is so darn expensive.
I am sure that so many families and children miss out on the chance to share their lives and their love simply because of not enough funds.
And I cried about that as well.
Because, for me, a child that needs a loving family is a child that needs a loving family.
No matter where in the world they happen to be.
And I would welcome a child from another country just as quickly as I would welcome a child from the US. They all need families and love.
And it's sad that MONEY is the deciding factor. So many times.

1 comment:

Necia said...

You made me cry! I totally hear ya about the $$ issue... Makes me sad.