Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Funny Funny Boy

I just have to say that the boy's vocabulary has taken a turn for the....more? Well- it's expanding. I guess that's a better way to put it.

And because of this development, he has been saying some of THE FUNNIEST things EVER. Here a few from the past week or so.

And if you have ever heard the boy speak you can imagine his voice. If not- think toddler with a raspy speech impediment. (so maybe mom & dad are the only ones that can really understand him. but still- he's saying stuff. and REALLY communicating!)

I was doing the dishes. My kitchen sink is under the window that faces the back patio & yard. The kids have a Little Tykes slide that they play with. The boy pushes it over under the window, climbs up on it, and looks in at me doing the dishes. I have a plant on the window sill, and he is still pretty short, so i can only see about the top half of his face.
He says, "MOM!"
I say, "What?"
He says, "Let me in!"
"Let you in!?"
"Yeah, let me in!"
"No. Get down and go through the door."
"No mom. Let me in."

He says to me, "I wanna drink."
I say, "OK. Go get your cup and bring it to me. It's on your bed."
He brings me the cup and says," I want water."
"You want water?"
"Yeah. Water, with ice."
"OK."
"Hurry mom."
"Oh- hurry?"
"Yeah mom. Hurry."
(I was sitting at the computer. Do you think maybe he didn't want to be told "OK, just a minute" one more time that day?)

He went to the husband to ask for some candy. We can never understand this word. But we were right by the candy, so there was no mistaking what he was talking about this time. I wanted him to say it again so I could commit the word to memory.
So the husband says, "You want candy?"
he says, "Yeah."
"What do you want?" (trying to get him to say it again)
And in true child fashion, he says, "LOTS!"

Lately he gets very upset when the dogs run away from him. Well- can you blame them? He's not very nice. And no matter how hard we try to teach the concept of "Be nice" or "Be soft", he just doesn't get it. Nor does he get the fact that his actions cause the dogs to snap at him EVERY TIME he touches them. So, when the dogs run he comes to us, crying, and says "I wanna pet gog!" (he's even starting to say their names, which is impressive, since most ADULTS can't pronounce them or remember them!)

Oh heck- I know there's like a gazillion more. But at the moment my mind is blank. I'm sure there will be many more. And I will keep them coming. It is my laugh each day to see what comes out of that little mouth.

The girl never talked like this. I'm sure because she had no one to pattern after. But he copies EVERYTHING big sister says or does. So we are constantly amazed at him. Funny funny boy!

6 comments:

trublubyu said...

that's so cute. i love the "lots" comment. smart boy.

Crafty Cowgirl said...

so..whats ur dogs names that are supposedly so hard that people cant remember?

Heidi said...

I was picturing him talking in his little voice and I just want to give him a hug right now! He is so darn cute.

Oh, no worries on the quilt! Although I haven't forgotten about it. :) In fact, I've been meaning to ask you about it but I forget everytime I see you!

big_smartmouth said...

oh, how i miss that kid! =(

TrishAnderson said...

He sounds quite funny...How old is he? It sounds like perhaps things are finny well and over the "bugs" at your home?!?!

Rosalyn Francis said...

I love the "gog" word. I love your humor! =)