Sunday, January 4, 2009

365 Challenge

Have you heard of this? I hadn't until a couple days ago. I was intrigued. I instantly had to find out more info. I looked at a couple different sites and I found more info.

What is it you ask? Well, the way I understand it- you are to scrapbook 1 new page every day for 365 days. That would be 1 page each day this year. The main idea is to get you noticing all of the little things that make your life special to you EVERY DAY! Now don't get all "Yeah like I have time for that!" Apparently Becky Higgins has come up with this new kit to make it OH SO EASY. Really you aren't doing a layout at all. You are using a sectioned page protector and inserting your pictures, journaling block, etc.. I don't know exactly what the kit contains. They went on sale Jan 1st and are COMPLETELY sold out. They went quick, as you can imagine. Anything Becky Higgins always sells fast.

So simple I thought. Then I had another thought- I don't do paper scrapbooking. How do I do this as a digital scrapbooker? Cause how do you make it as simple as slipping a photo into a pocket on a page protector? So I did a little more searching (I didn't have to look too far) and found the answer.....You use a template of course! Templates are the same concept- you just insert your photos, journaling, etc... and your page is done.

I plan on doing this little challenge. Really you should do a 2 page spread for 1 week. I don't do 12x12, so it's harder to fit it all into that space. i am tweaking it a bit to fit for me. And I may still change it up a bit again- simplify even more, cause that's what this challenge is all about...simplicity! You do it how you want....if you want to do it at all. So I have done 3 pages already this year. It took me about 45 min to do those 3 pages. Mostly cause I was playing around with all the new knowledge I had learned about HOW to use templates. I also created 8 templates of my own. I am really excited about this. I will be posting my pages on my photo blog if you want to look.

Here's a little info if you care to read about it
understanding the concept of project 365

If you're a digital scrapper and want to know how I am doing it, feel free to ask! I am always happy to share my knowledge with others!!

4 comments:

Rosalyn Francis said...

This is intriguing....

hmmmm, I'm tempted.

big_smartmouth said...

okay, it's official, you have inspired me! i even called my aunt up in oklahoma and told her to send pics and pages my way so i can help her get caught up on her 4 kids books (she's only a mere 4 years behind!). so, i'm scrapping AND doing charity work...yes, i am a saint!

Tiffany said...

That is cool!! I will have to look into it! When I have time!! LOl So I probably won't! But a great idea!! Good luck!

Shelli said...

I was overwhelmed with the idea of paper scrapping them so it went in one ear and out the other. Digitally though...I could do that. Can I use your templates? I'm still in the learning stages. When did you give up on paper scrapbooks?-Shelli