Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My latest challenge

YAY! I made it to a computer with internet. Happy! So I have time to do a little post. Well, mostly I just want to complain and get some sympathy....
So yesterday I was cleaning my room...not just cleaning-GUTTING. I am throwing stuff out! Getting rid of some of my excesses! It makes me feel happy. I decided that, as I was doing this, I would also take the time to rearrange some of the furniture in there. (something I inherited from my mom- I love changing things around just like her) As I was moving things I had piles of stuff laying all over the place and I just kept stepping over them. As I took the step with my left foot, I could feel it tweak my hip a little each time. I kept thinking that I needed to NOT do that any more, but forgot and did it each time AGAIN. SMART! I have some hip problems (also something I inherited from my mom- this I do NOT love) By the end of the night my hip was killing me. I thought if I could just sleep last night it would be better today. WRONG!!! Today I have not been able to move! I can walk about as far as from my bedroom to my kitchen and then my hip seizes up and I have to stand there for about 5 min while it relaxes enough to move. This is only about 30 feet. Not too far. It makes me so frustrated!
Addie has been the greatest help today. What a little trooper. She probably was happy because she got to pretty much watch tv all day. But she ran right in every time I called for her. And was soo happy to help. And soo sweet about telling me it would be ok and she knows I will feel better soon. I really got lucky when I got that little girl!
I called my mom this afternoon to see what she & my dad were doing tonight. I was going to ask if they could come out to help me tonight. Dad is home but mom is out helping a young man shop for his mission clothes & such....always serving others that woman! So she said to come in & dad could help me. I am so grateful for my parents. I drove in (because sitting is not really a problem....it's just everything else) and dad fed my little fam. This hip thing would normally not be a problem for me. Ammon is usually around to help. But at the moment he is in Kingman finishing up the season for work. I didn't know who else to call......My sister Randi is the closest, but she is going to have a baby any day so I didn't want bother her, all my friends in Coolidge have their own families to worry about so I didn't want to bother them either. I have a very hard time asking for help anyway (as I think most people do). So I finally decided to call my parents to ask (you should be sooo proud of me Sarah!). I drove in to spend the evening over here. It has been so nice not to have to worry about my children so much. And I asked for help...huge deal for me. But I still wish Ammon were here to take care of me....oh, and Ephriam. He has a fever today and isn't feeling to well either. But in a way, that is a blessing for me. Since I am not able to chase him around so well today. Even though I don't EVER wish for my children to ever be sick it is nice timing for today!
Hopefully it will pass quickly this time. It can last a day or a month. I never know. But not having Ammon here really makes me hope it will be done with quickly. It is not my favorite to deal with being a single parent and feeling like this. Besides- my room is not done yet and I want to get it done before Ammon gets home this weekend!!! Hopefully I have better news to tell you next time I have internet access! Thanks for letting me beg for sympathy!

6 comments:

Randibee said...

I'm sorry you are not doing too well. I hope it passes soon--not being able to walk is a real problem when you have young ones to chase--believe me, I KNOW! What can I do to help?

Ruth P said...

It was fun to see you last night. Scott didn't realize you were having hip problems and when he saw you in so much pain walking he asked me, "Did I miss something? Did Nat have an operation?" I hope you are feeling a ton better today!

trublubyu said...

i am so sorry you are hurting! you are so welcome over here anytime you are in need and i will chase those kiddos.

i hope you are doing better!

big_smartmouth said...

first of all, i SOOO wish i could be there to help. still without a job, i'd have all day to help you. and secondly, i AM proud of you. for those who don't know, having her let you help her is like pulling teeth. even worse, her actually ASKING for help is as frequent as a comet passing in the sky! but, i heard a great comment that was made in a relief society lesson that talked about serving others. one of the sisters said, "we have to remember that we can't always be the givers, we have to let people give to us as well. if EVERYONE is giving and no one is taking, then how can we serve?" you admitting you need help, nat, is giving someone else the opportunity to serve, not just you, but the Lord. anyway, i miss you tons and hope you get feeling better asap!

your BFF~

la-la

Lindsay and Tyler Kohler said...

I am so sorry to hear about your hip!! Are you feeling better? Addie is such a good sport about everything, I miss you and your whole family!! I can't believe you are still away from Ammon all the time. Everyone else got their husbands back when the summer was over but you still haven't! You are such a trooper. Well, tell the kids hi. I hope everything is going good!

Life in the circus said...

Im so sorry you hurt so much. I should have stayed and helped you out. Im sorry I didnt think about that. I hope you are feeling better now. If you need anything, just give me a call.