Tuesday, July 1, 2008

About the girls here...

So first let me say I have been hard at work editing pictures so that I can post them soon for you all to see. Now I want to tell you a little bit about some of the other APX wives I have met here.

Jennifer- Jenny & Zach are the ones that got us out here in the first place. They live in Coolidge as well. So I haven't really met her while out here...but I had to list her as well. Jenny has a little girl- Alli- about Ephriam's age. They play well together. And Addie loves playing with Alli as well.
Kacie- Is one of the managers wives. She is really sweet. She came and picked us up from the airport when we arrived and I REALLY appreciated it! She has a little boy the same age as Ephriam. His name is Braxton. Eph & Brax don't really play well together. But Addie LOVES him! She calls him "big Braxton" (you'll find out why in a minute) And she is expecting her second child in January 09. And even though she doesn't feel her best she still tries hard to coordinate activities for all of the wives to do together!
Stacy- Is the other managers wife. Kacie & Stacy are sisters-in-law. Stacy doesn't have any children. But she is still one of Addie's very favorite people. Why? Because she has a puppy- Max. Max is a westie and the most adorable. Addie loves to call Stacy on the phone to see if she can take Max for a walk. Stacy is so patient and loving towards Addie! She is sooo accomidating and usually lets Addie walk Max if she's not busy! A couple weeks ago some of the wives went to a fun park. Stacy asked us to watch Max for the day. Addie was in heaven! Another word about sisters-in-law: from this family there are 4 siblings and a few cousins...all out here together. HOW FUN!
Vicki- I didn't meet Vicki until I had been here for over a month. I met her by responding to a text she sent out about needing a shirt hemmed. Vicki is the head tech's wife. She is also the Office Assistant. She works full time. So unlike a lot of the other wives she doesn't get to do nothing all day. Vicki stay in the office all day, every day and so if she wants to have friends they need to come to her. This is what we do....until the kids get restless and I need to go. But she is so kind to them and as a mother (and friend) I appreciate it! She is very giving and sharing and LOVES to do things for others.
Hailee- When Ammon first got here they had to give our apartment to another family so Ammon had to stay with another guy who was still waiting for his family as well- Chris is Hailee's husband. So I automatically loved them because of what Ammon told me about Chris. Plus I had already met Chris when we went to Idaho for Ammon's training. Hailee is soo cute! She reminds me of my sister, Ginny's, friend Macy. Just cute and always happy! She has a son, Braxon, that is about 8 months old. Addie calls him "little Braxton". guess she just cant hear the difference in those names.
Melissa- has 2 boys. Her older boy is 3 and LOVES Addie!!! Luke cries every time Addie has to leave. A few weeks ago Melissa went to visit her family and every day Addie would ask if Luke was back yet. She misses her friends and cousins soooo much and there are not many children for her to play with here. They were gone for 2 weeks and she asked about Luke EVERY day! Melissa is always smiling. She has such a great smile. And she doesn't hold it against me if I forget to call her so the kids can play!!!
Megan- & Melissa are also sisters-in-law. I am envious of the girls who have family out here. Megan works at the mall....just to pass the time. (she has no children) The first time I saw her I kept staring at her. She probably thought I was crazy or something. But I was trying to figure out who she was. I thought she might be my sister-in-law, Calli's, sister Lisa. She looks SOOOO much like her. Megan is also one of Addie's favorites. She is so kind and sweet...not just to me but to my children as well. But now Addie has a new reason to love Megan......she just got a puppy on Sunday. So all I have heard for the last 2 days is "can you call Megan and see if we can come over now?"
Francine- is one of the tech wives as well. There aren't too many of those. Most of the techs are single guys. Francine has 4 children. I just met her recently. She actually had children that are Addie's age. She loves to play with them. Even the 10 yr old! We have only played with them a couple times though. They are also from AZ. Francine I don't know very well yet. But she is soooo nice. This is the family that got our apartment at the beginning of the season.
Lindsay- aslo works in the office. And is also a favorite of Addie's because she ALSO has a dog. And she is so cute. So I met her by going to the office to visit Vicki. At first I thought she probably hated me because Vicki and I would sit and visit the whole time she was there working. Come to find out that is part of the reason she is there- so Vicki can have a break! So it was not a problem at all. Lindsay is a huge sytycd fan too. She gets off work after it starts. So she tivo's it and we go over and watch after she gets off work. And yesterday I found out that she also LOVES "Calamity Jane" and Doris Day! I always knew she was a kindred spirit!
Sarah- is also a rather recent acquaintance. I wrote a post about calling her, blah, blah, blah. Well it seems we just enjoy each other's company. I have come to think that Sarah is just a more liberal me. We have so much fun together. And we don't do anything! We work out together- which is good for me because hopefully it will help me get in the habit so I can keep it up when I come home. And after we go swimming...almost daily. So the kids are getting dark & so am I! And she loves my kids. That is a big plus in any friend! Especially those without children. Her husband in Ukrainian and also speaks Russian- which is great for Ammon! They are also a tech family.

Well- there are A LOT more and I could probably say a bit about each one of them. But these are the girls I know the best. It has been an adventure getting to know new people. Especially since I don't do well in these kind of settings. I have a really hard time getting to know people. But once I know them you'll have a hard time getting me to shut up! Some of their blogs are on my side bar and you can see who they are too. Under APX friends. Such a fun group to be with. And not a ton of drama....which I LOVE! And of course it's just like I thought....... I'm, by far, the oldest! But that doesn't mean it has to be a negative thing!!! (though Sarah is creeping up there! haha)

6 comments:

Randibee said...

Glad that you have found some friends! Sounds like they are a great group of gals!

Kacie said...

Thanks for being so kind to us ha ha. Love your blog!!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

you're so sweet, you make me feel good! so glad we're both here!

Heidi said...

Yay, it's good to have you back! Looks like you are doing well and having fun! I want to call you but it is too late there but I have to tell you: Jake's coming home. :)

Meg & Cache said...

Natalie you are such a sweet person and it has been so fun to get to know you and your adorable kids! Remember you can come whenever to play with Journee, she would love it!!

Shannon said...

Hey Natalie!!!
It is soo good to hear that you are doing so good!!!! It sounds like you are definately happy out there! We will be happy to have you guys back though!!!!