You may (but most like don't) remember that I alluded to something that happened about 10 days ago. Well one thing is that Ammon left for VA the other thing I said needed it's own post. And then I never posted anything about it. That is because I couldn't...until today.
That evening- Thursday, April 3rd, I was visited by a member of our bishopric, to extend a release from my calling. The calling I had for all of about 3 months. In Dec I was called to be the Primary President in our ward. Shortly after that Ammon took a job working for a company that sends it's employees to different parts of the country to work during the summer. I was well aware of this and made it abundantly clear to Ammon that I would not be accompanying him. About 2 weeks ago, after much prayer and turmoil, I changed my mind and decided that it was the best thing for my family if we stay together. It would be about 5 months total that we would be separated. In making this decision I also knew the consequences.....I would most likely be released from my calling. As I would be leaving for the summer and so would my 1st counselor. To my dismay, I turned out to be correct.
Today in church we were officially released and the new presidency sustained. I am happy for them. They will have great experiences. They will love working with the children. They will do great. They are all amazing women with great talents and abilities. I am sad for me and my counselors. (My secretary gets to continue serving in that calling.) Mostly I am having a pity party for myself right now, so it's all about ME.........I am sad for ME. I have been crying on and off for 2 weeks now, knowing this was coming. Today at church I couldn't talk to anyone or I would start all over again. I know that in a few day everything will be fine. Life will catch up to me again, I will get busy with preparations to go be with my sweetie, and I will forget that I was even sad about this because I will be looking forward to my new adventure.
I am grateful for the time I have had to serve in this calling. I am grateful for the life that has been touched by this service....mine. I am grateful for new friendships that have been formed. And lessons that have been taught....to me. And experiences that have caused growth, and new understanding gained. I have also come to the conclusion that, during church, the Lord's spirit is only one place, and that is in the primary room. Forget about RS and Priesthood! The Lord is in that little room with those sweet spirits that are so dear to Him. And I am grateful that He gave me the opportunity to be there with them too......even if it was for only a short time. (this go around)
Today my heart is heavy......
That evening- Thursday, April 3rd, I was visited by a member of our bishopric, to extend a release from my calling. The calling I had for all of about 3 months. In Dec I was called to be the Primary President in our ward. Shortly after that Ammon took a job working for a company that sends it's employees to different parts of the country to work during the summer. I was well aware of this and made it abundantly clear to Ammon that I would not be accompanying him. About 2 weeks ago, after much prayer and turmoil, I changed my mind and decided that it was the best thing for my family if we stay together. It would be about 5 months total that we would be separated. In making this decision I also knew the consequences.....I would most likely be released from my calling. As I would be leaving for the summer and so would my 1st counselor. To my dismay, I turned out to be correct.
Today in church we were officially released and the new presidency sustained. I am happy for them. They will have great experiences. They will love working with the children. They will do great. They are all amazing women with great talents and abilities. I am sad for me and my counselors. (My secretary gets to continue serving in that calling.) Mostly I am having a pity party for myself right now, so it's all about ME.........I am sad for ME. I have been crying on and off for 2 weeks now, knowing this was coming. Today at church I couldn't talk to anyone or I would start all over again. I know that in a few day everything will be fine. Life will catch up to me again, I will get busy with preparations to go be with my sweetie, and I will forget that I was even sad about this because I will be looking forward to my new adventure.
I am grateful for the time I have had to serve in this calling. I am grateful for the life that has been touched by this service....mine. I am grateful for new friendships that have been formed. And lessons that have been taught....to me. And experiences that have caused growth, and new understanding gained. I have also come to the conclusion that, during church, the Lord's spirit is only one place, and that is in the primary room. Forget about RS and Priesthood! The Lord is in that little room with those sweet spirits that are so dear to Him. And I am grateful that He gave me the opportunity to be there with them too......even if it was for only a short time. (this go around)
Today my heart is heavy......

2 comments:
Yes, I could totally tell you were not "yourself" at church today. I am sorry you had to be released but you have to do what is best for your family. Do not feel guilty about it. There is a reason for everything.
This is how I look at life....Everything works out for a reason, there are no consequences and what I want is usually not the best way to get to what I really want. I know this time is hard, but look to the future and what you can learn from these experiences.
Post a Comment