Sunday, April 13, 2008

52 Weeks of Blessings #15- Cell Phones


This week I am thankful for cell phones. Mind you - not the bills that come along with them. But I guess that's what you get for the convenience of being able to take your phone with you no matter where you are.

In the last 10 days that Ammon has been gone I have found that I am even more thankful for this little "toy" than ever. Not only am I thankful for this phone, but also for the plan that lets us talk to each other without using any of our oh so precious minutes! I think that we have probably talked to each other more than we normally would in a day. I think that we would have used about 1/2 of our minutes in these last 10 days!!!

With Ammon being gone I have loved the convenience of talking to him when I want and not worrying about having to get a phone card, or using all of his minutes, or the amount of time I have to limit my phone calls to. I am able to send short video clips of the kids saying goodnight, and pics so that he can stay up to date on all the happenings at home. And texting is kind of weird...but we do that too. It's like a fun little game that we have to help pass the time until we can be together again.

Now tomorrow he should be able to get into our apartment. Then he can get the computer hooked up and all of that. We will have the web cam and we can talk to him that way. So don't be surprised if I say something about that for my blessing post next week (haha)!! But for today I am thankful that I can at least hear my husband say he loves me & misses me....and read the silly things he texts me.

3 comments:

andrea said...

Yes, cell phones are a blessing! I am glad Ammon is doing well in Virginia! I bet you miss him tons!

Did you ever get the quilt squares from me? I gave them to Heidi's mom but I just hadn't seen them on your blog, and wanted to check! I don't want to be in trouble for having them in late :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Wonderful little inventions, huh?

Heidi said...

Ok, I have Andrea's quilt sqaures! And my parents! And I haven't given you mine yet! I am such a slacker, I need to get notecards. I will do that today.

Cell phones are the best. I can't even remember how we lived life before them! How did we ever meet up with anyone or talk to anyone while they were traveling?