Tuesday, April 1, 2008

THE decision......

I am ready to talk about that important decision that needed to be made..... if you were wondering you might find this post interesting....if not, continue on with your blog-hopping or what ever it is you are doing. ;)

A little background:
A few months ago Ammon quit his job. It was quite a stressful job, with too many hours. And, by the time he quit, none of the promises that had been made to persuade us to take the job were in effect any longer....except the company truck (sort of..that's another story) So after much fasting & prayer about that, we (Ammon) decided it was best for his family if he said goodbye to that job. Kind of scary, not knowing where we would go from there. But we went out on TOTAL faith. Trusting that if it was what the Lord would have us do, we would be blessed. BUT- After 2 weeks of NOT finding a job we were starting to get a little concerned.

At this time I also get called to be the primary president in our ward. At our 2nd presidency meeting my 1st counselor mentions that her husband was going to call Ammon and talk to him about what they do. She told him not to because they go out of town for the summer and she knew BOTH of us wouldn't be able to go and still stay in the presidency. WELL- I went home from that meeting and told Ammon to call Zack and see what he had to say. To make this a LITTLE shorter.....Ammon decided to take a job with them, working for a company called APX. They sell home alarm systems. And YES they go to a different state in the summer to sell. So from the very beginning I knew Ammon would be leaving for the summer. AND I WAS OK WITH THAT......I was staying here.

Well,about 2 weeks ago I start to freak out. What if staying ISN'T the right choice?!! I am praying about it. Ammon is telling me he would like us to come too. I HAD felt that I had made the correct choice in deciding to stay. We knew this from the beginning. All was well. As the time for him to leave gets closer I start to question. He gave me a blessing. I am praying about it. I feel I am getting NO answer. I ask my dad to give me a blessing. And you know what happened then...That was on Easter Sunday. (you can read my post about it, if you don't know) I came back and made a FINAL DECISION,not to go, and started praying about it AGAIN. Apparently I made the WRONG decision, because I still wasn't getting an answer, and I was STILL stressed out about what to do. On Tuesday I went to my presidency meeting, still not sure about what I was doing. Ammon was in Idaho for a training. When I got home I called him to see if he had gotten there ok. I was about to say to him that I thought maybe I should go, when he said, "Natalie, I think you need to come with me." It was decided. I said I would go, and everything has come together for us so that I could. I haven't wavered in that decision ONCE. And as soon as I said I would go I felt at peace (just like the blessing said I would when I made the right choice).

I cried for the better part of that day. I know I am going to be released from my calling. I thought I was ok with that. Then I went to church on Sunday. I cried the WHOLE day! I am really going to miss being in Primary every week. And I'm scared about what calling I'll get when I come home. But I know this is the best decision for my family. We need to be together. Jenny was really sad when I told her. Because we both knew what would happen if I decided to go as well. She REALLY didn't want to be released. My mom said something though...She said "the minute you are sustained to a calling you start working towards your release. No calling lasts forever. (except the prophet)" And it won't be the last time I will serve in the primary. I just don't understand what the point of serving for such a short time, in such a major (to me anyway) calling. And did we accomplish what the Lord wanted us to during our time there.? I hope so.

So...Ammon leaves on Thursday. We are crazy busy right now trying to get him all packed up. He needs to take EVERYTHING with him. I will only take the bare necessities with me. So it is crazy going through the house right now and packing as much, but as little, as we can. 1 pot, 1 skillett, 1 stock pot, 1 sheet per bed size, etc...He is driving out by himself. That makes me a little nervous. But we can talk on the phone while he drives. He just needs to go to bed early-ish on Wednesday night. And he doesn't have to get up really early to leave on Thursday. SO I guess it will be fine. The kids and I will follow in about a month.

I am scared to go. I will be across the country. FAR away from everything, and everyone, I know. Our families are here. Our friends are here. I have never been past Texas, for cryin' out loud! I am also excited to go. I can't wait to see GREEN. And all of the neat sights that are over there. We are going to be only about 30 min away from Washington DC. And only a couple hours away from New York. I asked Ammon if we could go see just 1 Broadway play while we are there. There is so much to see back there! And what a great thing...I am going to be able to use some of this for my homeschooling! And when we are talking about something I can remind Addie that we were actually there! How great is that! When will I get this chance again??! Hopefully someday.....

So I guess for us it's..........................
VIRGINIA OR BUST!!!

PLUS..... now I have a REAL reason to blog! I won't be talking to my family & friends every day. So you'll all HAVE to look at my blog to find out about all of the fun things we're up to!! hehe:)

8 comments:

Necia said...

Natalie that is so exciting!!! I am jealous...Jeff and I have always wanted to take a trip to the east coast and see historical sites!! How awesome for you...but we will miss you SO MUCH!! Thanks for all you have done in primary!!! Sorry for the stress we added to your calling :)!

andrea said...

Exciting! The summer is the perfect time to go to Virginia and away from the heat! You'll love it!

Emy5 said...

How exciting. You will be closer to me and maybe we can meet?! I would like that. I am sure you have done an excellent job in your calling and I was in a big calling for only six months so I know how you feel. But if you have done your best with your time that's what counts! Love you!

Tiffany said...

I think you will have so much fun! It is humid so fare warning!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

You will have so much fun and make the most of it! Soak it all in. Sometimes we just don't know the answer until later. Does that mean I can't get Abby's haircut before you leave???

Pam said...

Wow...What a great experience. You will look back and be so glad you went.

Heidi said...

I'm glad you feel at peace with your decision. You will not regret it and it will be great to visit a different part of the country and learn about new places and people!

Dang, I just remembered those quilt squares I need to get to you.

idahohubers said...

For a second there I thought you were on your way to Idaho! I bet your time in Virginia will fly by. What a neat opportunity.