Thursday, April 3, 2008

He's gone

Well my sweet little husband left this morning. He has been driving all day long. And all by himself! Poor boy!!! What a good provider to do this thing for his family. And to think that I will get to where he's going in a matter of hours, because I'm flying. NO WAY will I drive that far with two little kids. I can imagine that we would be stopping every hour for Potty breaks! YUCK!

I just spoke to him and he is, at this very moment, driving through TEXAS. He will stop when he gets to my brother's house in KANSAS. And again when he gets to his sister's house in OHIO. And after that he won't stop again until he makes it to VIRGINIA. WOWEE!!!

Anyway- he left at about 9:30 am. About the same time I was leaving to take Addie to school. Since I was on my way to accomplish things I needed to today I didn't even have a chance to be sad that he was leaving. I had a couple tears come to my eyes and then I moved on with my day. But that is best for me, because otherwise I would have sat around all day sad and dwelling on it. This way I kept going. But I cleaned the WHOLE house today and got ALL the laundry done- put away and everything. My kitchen is spotless....all done BEFORE I go to bed. Now I don't have to wake up to a messy kitchen! I think I subconsciously kept myself busy today...what do you think!?

Also I had one other thing happen today...But I'm not going to talk about that now...that needs it's own post.

Pray for my sweeties safe arrival in Virginia! THANKS!!!!

3 comments:

Emy5 said...

I hope and pray that your husband will get there safely.

Well Done with your kitchen. You don't want to know about what state mine is in!

andrea said...

It's hard to be away from eachother I know. When I went to California, and Arizona I was away from Devin for 20 days and I missed him! But absence makes the heart grow fonder right!? How exciting that you'll see him in Virginia though! You'll be closer to us, thats for sure.

Heidi said...

Glad Ammon's on his way and I'm glad you can fly! That would stink to have to drive cross country with kids. It would take twice as long to get there. Now you have me very curious as to what else happened on Thurs. You better get posting!