Who can resist having the Lord Jesus Christ as a blessing on this very special day! (OK- well yesterday - because it was Easter and I'm a day late!) And since I haven't had Him as one of my blessings yet.....what more appropriate time to do so!!!I am always grateful for my Savior and the sacrifice He gave for me! However, like everyone does, I tend to focus on it more at this time of year. And this year, for some reason I have come to have a better understanding of His sacrifice and what it really means in my life.
A few months ago one of my sisters had a miscarriage for the first time. In the midst of this experience she was ask how she was doing countless times. The answer was always the same.... "I'm fine!" On the outside we saw a very put together individual. Who didn't seem to be struggling with this. And so one day in a conversation, I asked her about this. The answer she gave showed great understanding of the Savior and his roll in her life.......
She said, "In praying about this, and why it has happened I have realized something and it has helped me tremendously. The Savior ALREADY su
ffered this hurt for me, so I don't need to. If I take the atonement and apply it in my life then I don't need to hurt. Because that is what Christ did for me. That knowledge is why I can be so calm through this experience."And then I had an eye opening experience (for me) last night. I asked my dad (& Ammon) to give me a blessing. I need help making some decisions for my family. And I am struggling to know what the right decision is. I was told I would be able to make the correct choice and I would feel at peace with that decision. But something I came away from that blessing with was this.... That Heavenly Father understands that this is a HUGE deal to me right now. But I need to understand that in the eternal scheme of things it is NOT that big of a deal. I am hurting over this decision. And it hit me like a ton of bricks.......Christ suffered for THIS!!?! How selfish do I feel that my Savior had to suffer over something so trivial as this little thing! But I realized that He suffered for EVERYTHING! and why that realization didn't sink in until last night I don't know. But it didn't. I am grateful that my LITTLE problems are BIG enough to the Lord that He would need to suffer for them, to help comfort me!
I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt! Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget? No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat, Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me! Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me! Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

9 comments:
Wow, Nat. What a wonderful post. It was like reading a mini-devotional. What a great way for me to start my day! Thank you for being so open and honest in your posts. I love you!
That was beautiful, Nat. Your insight is amazing. I hope you are able to make those important decisions and feel peace. Your sister is pretty amazing too!
Thanks for the reminder. I think I forget a lot that He really does know our sufferings. Good luck in making you decision!!! You are a great person and a great friend.
Thank you, thank you! I really needed to read this right now. I hold on to pain way too long sometimes. I've felt the pain of miscarriage in the last year and I just needed to hear this. Thank you :)
P.S. I just read the Joseph Addison quote on your sidebar. I love it too! I may save it to blog about one of these days if you don't mind.
Do you want to know more about me and my background? There's a post linked on my about me page called Remembering Jenny. That quote reminded me of this.
-K-, you have so many blogs, I dont know wich one to comment on. That was a great post, I really enjoyed it. I wish you peace and luck w/ whatever decision you are trying to make. I hope you had a wonderful Easter :)
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post!!
The Saviour is THE blessing. What a great post, thanks for sharing!
I love this post. I love reading all your blessings! You have a great blog :)
Post a Comment