This may seem like a strange choice for my blessing this week. But let me explain WHY I chose Cara to be a part of this week's 52 Week Project.
I have been thinking about this ALL week. Ever since I got my first comment on my blessing post from last week. Cara has helped to expand my circle of friends, and I LOVE it! It is so fun reading other people's blogs and getting a glimpse into their lives for a moment! I have made a few new friends in the process, and found some old ones. And all thanks to Cara! So this week I am thankful for Cara Steele!!
I have been thinking about this ALL week. Ever since I got my first comment on my blessing post from last week. Cara has helped to expand my circle of friends, and I LOVE it! It is so fun reading other people's blogs and getting a glimpse into their lives for a moment! I have made a few new friends in the process, and found some old ones. And all thanks to Cara! So this week I am thankful for Cara Steele!!
I met Cara about 8 years ago. The first time I ever met her she came up to me in the hall at church and asked me if I wanted to join the book club she and some others were putting together. At that time I didn't know who she was. Didn't know her name or anything. But for some reason that stuck with me. I never did go to that book club. But it made me feel good that someone thought of me. I never did feel like I fit in in that ward. And Cara helped me feel like I had at least one friend. Later on I had the opportunity to serve in a Relief Society presidency with her and 2 other amazing women. I was grateful for that . I looked up to them. They taught me so much. But that is where I got to really know Cara and what a truly wonderful person she is. I learned of her health issues and thought she was one of the most positive people I have ever known and how amazing that she never once complained. We were both adopting children at the same time. She- her 2nd and I- my 1st. With my adoption, I had many people express how worried they were for me if it didn't work out....but all I got from Cara was positive support. That meant SO much to me!
Our Ward was split, Cara moved, and slowly we lost contact. I moved later as well. Then surprisingly, one evening, we were out to dinner at Joe's BBQ with some friends when I hear my name being yelled. There, in a car, at a stop light, across the street, was Cara! How fun for me to be reunited with a good friend! I am so glad she decided to say something. And that brings us to today.

Thank you Cara for being such a great example to me!!! I Love you and it has been an honor (and a lot of fun) to be a part of your life & have you as part of mine!
BTW- Cara I hope you don't mind that I stole some pics from your blog to use. I figured since you had them on your blog they were safe to use! And I didn't have any other pics, so I had no choice!

7 comments:
That is very sweet!! Friends are wonderful!! Especially someone who makes you feel welcome, when you don't!!
I'm totally enjoying the 52 Blessing Project also!!
What a great tribute, I feel so blessed to have Cara in my life! She is a true and genuine friend. And I am so grateful she started the 52 blessings!
Go Cara! I love her and she makes me a better person. I'm sure she will make my 52 week list also.
To know Cara is to love her! I'm blessed enough to be blood! I have to laugh though at her MAC Makeover photo it is so 'over the top Cara'. I LOVE the last photo of her. The story of her yelling across the street makes me SMILE - classic Cara. Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog!
What a shock to open your blog and see my crazy mug looking back at me. You made me feel so special! Thank you!! I rememeber asking you to book club. I didn't know who you were either but thought it would be fun to get to know you. I'm glad I did! I would not have been able to do R.S. w/o you for sure and you know what I'm talking about - I have been behind on my blogging and especially on commenting on the 52 blessing people. Tonight as I was leaving a comment on each one there was one from you - on..ever..one!!! You are such a great friend and all these bloggers are lucky to have you! ♥Ü♥ plus you ROCK at cutting hair!!!
What a great post! I'm thankful for Cara -- even though I've never met her -- because of her 52 weeks of blessings, I too have gotten to glimpse into the lives of so many great women!
So great to have such a close friend!! Great Blessing :)
Post a Comment