Monday, February 25, 2008

52 Weeks of Blessings #8- Arizona


If you didn't know, we just spent the weekend in Idaho. By the end of the trip I was SO glad to come home to Arizona. What I realized is, after 20, or so, years of living in this desert, I am DEFINITELY NOT cut out for the cold country!!! It was so pretty to go visit, and be in that cold weather for a minute. But, after all is said and done, I MUCH prefer the summers here to the winters anywhere it gets THAT cold! (or colder!)



It took me a long time to think that Arizona was beautiful. I used to think it was the ugliest place I had EVER seen! Eventually I realized it is just a different kind of beauty. It isn't the green grass and flowers. It is the cacti and desert plants. (but I still don't like stucco!)

One of my favorite views is the "mountain" pass that connects highway 87 to I-10 down here by where I live. I LOVE the saguaro cactus. Ammon's favorite place is the Joshua Tree Forest in northern AZ. I still don't love that as much as he does. But at least I don't think it's ugly anymore.

And the best part about Arizona is........ALL of my family is here! OK- except for 1 brother & his family in Kansas (but they are just gone temporarily) and 1 sister in Ohio (and who knows, she's still young, she may come back yet). We live within an hour of all of our family. And you couldn't ask for better than that! So we probably won't be going any further away than Coolidge any time soon! (And I think that bit of info makes our parents happy)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Good blessing! I also love that highway to the 1-10. It's beautiful. One thing I really love about AZ is that you can literally drive from cactus, palm trees, and sunny weather to pine trees and snow in a matter of 2 hours.

Emy5 said...

I would love to see the beauty of Arizona first hand!

Glad you had a good trip to Idaho and it's so nice to hear that you enjoy coming home and that you are near family.

Tiffany said...

I couldn't agree more! I love AZ! I lived in Mass for a little bit and it was freezing and it was april and may! Like real jackets, not hoodies! They were running around in shorts but not me! No thanks! Its fun to play in the snow but not live in it!

Pam said...

I love AZ. I'm not cut out for the cold weather and at least in the summer I can jump in a pool. I'm glad you had a nice time visiting.

Cindy Price said...

Great blessing! It's important to like where you live. Even if it takes a while to feel that way. The most beautiful sunsets I have seen have been in the desert!