Monday, February 25, 2008

WE'RE HOME!!!!

K- so don't get me wrong. I had fun in Idaho. But, boy was it ever cold! I guess this little Arizona girl just isn't cut out to live in that cold climate!

When we left on Friday it was raining. We flew in to Salt Lake and drove 4 hours to Rexburg. On the drive to Rexburg we drove thru fog so thick you could hardly see 2 feet in front of you. That was kind of scary! When we got past all of the fog (and there was a lot) it was snowing. So about the last 45 minutes we were driving in the snow. That was kind of fun since I haven't seen snow up close and personal for a couple years. And haven't seen it actually coming down for WAY longer than that.

We got into our hotel and it was booked. So we went to a different hotel....booked. We went to every hotel in Reburg- all booked. Apparently there was a dance competetion that weekend. Brandon said that they didn't actually reserve rooms becasue there is never any need to. Had he known there was a dance cmpetition in town he would have! It was pretty funny. So one hotel had one room. Ammon and I stayed there and the other 2 couples drove back to Idaho Falls (1/2 hour away) to get rooms. It was like 12:30am by this time! Our room had 2 queen beds. So I slept in my own bed all weekend! That was pretty nice. I am one of those that likes to spread out when I sleep.

The next morning the other 2 couples drove back. We reserved 2 rooms at our hotel. Since the competeiton was over a lot of people checked out and left, so there were now available rooms. The boys went to their training and the girls went to get pedicures. Only we didn't have an appointment and so we couldn't get in. SO we went to lunch. By the time lunch was done the boys were almost done with their training. We were gonig to try and go to a movie but decided against it and just went back to the APX building to wait. I got tired of sitting around listening to conversation that I didn't have anything to say in and decided to go over to the scrapbook store next door. After that I went to the craft store. And then went back to APX.

I'm really trying not to make this drag on forever. And I've done well so far, as there are MANY feelings I'd like to share, but won't because I want to be nice.

Saturday night we went to dinner with the whole group. Sunday morning when we woke up it was snowing again. And it kept on snowing right up unitl the time that we left to drive back to SLC. We were glad it stopped in time for us to leave. No one wanted to drive in the snow. But until we had to leave Shannon and Eric went to see Eric's brother, and Zack, Jenny, Ammon & I went and drove around. Of course we went to the temple. It was sooo pretty. But what do you expect....it's a temple! They're all pretty! I especially liked how it looked against all the white sky & snow though. Then we went & got Shannon & Eric and (all 6 of us) piled into the truck and headed back to SLC.

We ate lunch with Cameron & Stacy and then Cam took us to the airport. At the airport I bought a little gift for Addie because I told her we'd bring something back for her and I hadn't done that yet. Stupid to wait until you're at the ariport....it's tooo expensive. Then we got on our WAY delayed flight, and came home. We got in to Sky Harbor at around 10:30pm and then drove to Marcy's to get the kids. We got to our house at 12:02am Monday morning (acording to the Hohokam Middle School sign).

I left out a lot of the little details. But that is our trip in a nutshell. We didn't get to do a session at the Temple. But at least I got to see it and take some pics. And the 1 thing I came away from that weekend with was this:
If I don't go this summer I'm not really missing out on anything except my husband. I spent the weekend with a bunch of girls that I really don't have ANYTHING in common with. They are all A LOT younger than me. I'm afraid that I wouldn't really enjoy myself spending all of my time with them. I have lots of feeling about this, but agin....I'm being nice so I won't express them at this time. But enjoy the few pics from our trip!



2 comments:

Heidi said...

How did I miss this post before? Hmm. Anyway, glad you had a fun (somewhat) trip! It's hard to remember sometimes that age difference when people have kids the same age as yours. It looks cooooold there in Rexburg.

Loni Stevens said...

Hey Natalie!

I tracked you down through the web! :) It's been so long since I've talked to you. The photo on your blog is the first photo I've seen of your children. They're so cute! I'd love to catch up with you! Email me sometime: lonileah@yahoo.com

Hope you're doing well! :)

Loni