Here we are at the first Sunday.....my turn to do Sharing Time. AGAIN. I told a story about Paul H Dunn when he was a little boy. He was playing baseball and hit the ball through the window of a church across the street. When asked if he had done it he said yes and his father told the men from the church that he would pay the price for Paul's mistake, since Paul would never be able to do it himself. Much in the same way that the Savior paid the price for each of us, if we would come unto Him.
As I was telling the story this little girl, Mariah, started crying. I THOUGHT that it was because she could feel the spirit. (later when I asked about it, that was correct) I started to tear up, as well, just watching her. On her way out of the primary room, after church was over, I pulled her aside for a moment to ask if she was OK. She said yes. I told her how happy I was that she came to church today. I gave her a hug and sent her on her way. What a sweet little girl!
It was such a sweet experience to me. And such a testimony that these children have such strong spirits! And that they ARE close to the Lord. I was grateful for this experience today.
Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

2 comments:
Oh my gosh, that is so sweet. I saw you kneeling down talking to her and wondering what that was about. Now I know! I'm so nosy.
What a great experience. Usually the primary children don't recognize when they feel the spirit (or show it at least). I love that scripture, one of my favorite scripture stories.
Post a Comment