Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Crochet Projects


I have realized something about myself..... I cycle through my hobbies. At the moment I am very into my crocheting again. And don't care too much about scrapbooking. And blogging is only OK. And crafting is right out! The only reason that I keep semi-up with the blogging is because it is sort of a journal. And you have to keep that updated. I should do better and try to do a post a day. But I'm not TOTALLY "into" it right now. Right now it is crochet.

I just finished a project and am sooo glad to have it done. A little background..... For Addie's 1st birthday I made her a little afghan. And, at that time, decided that is something I would do for each of my children. Ephriam turned 1 in October. Needless to say...no afghan. I realized this half way into November. I quickly found a pattern I wanted to do and started on it so that I could have it done in time for Christmas. I got it done on Monday. YAY!!!

So, because of working on that project, and making about 20 pairs of booties for our ward to give to mothers who have just had babies, I am all excited about crocheting again. Which is good. Because the past 4 or 5 babies born into my family I have crocheted a baby afghan for. My sister & sister-in-law had babies 10 months ago and I didn't make full afghans for their boys. And I have 2 more babies on the way! So I have 4 blankets to make!!! I am going to make the same one I just made for Ephriam. Only different colors. Guess I better get busy!

Anyway- Here it is......I think it is soooo cute! and you should feel how soft the yarn is!

2 comments:

Jen said...

So are you starting mine next? jk. It is a very cute blanket. Lucky little Ephriam! YOu still have to teach me!

andrea said...

That is how I am with my projects! Although I can't crochet anything like that! I made a scarf for Cambria that was pretty uneven! But I used fuzzy yarn so you couldn't tell :) I wish I lived closer you could teach me the tricks!! Do you sew too?