Friday, August 5, 2011

A good use of my time

So I was going to sit on the couch and watch one of my favorite movies, You've Got Mail, with the husband tonight. Which I would consider a good use of my time.

However I ended up re-potting a few plants. And now I have a really cute corner of my kitchen counter that has 4 beautifully potted plants on it. I love the green "alive-ness" they add to a corner that is unusable in other ways. I love plants. I just am not very good at keeping them alive.  My problem comes when I re-pot them. They always seem to die after that. I must not know how to do it correctly. We will see how it goes this time around. Anyway- I also consider that a good use of my time.

Then just when I was finishing up and thinking about putting the movie in, the doorbell rings and it is brother6 with his fam. (I was expecting them) I felt bad that my children were already asleep. But it was 9:00pm soooooo.......... We enjoyed a great visit AND got adjusted at the same time. Which I consider a VERY good use of my time. And I appreciate the brother for stopping on his way through and taking the time to crack us. And of course I ALWAYS love visiting with sister6. And it's funny, too, because nephew6.3 has taken a great BIG liking to the husband lately. So it was cute to watch that (not so) little toddler climb up on the couch and sit RIGHT NEXT to the husband while we visited. And stay there THE ENTIRE time. CUTE.

So the evening didn't go exactly like I thought. But, boy, did I use my time wisely.  Which is not something I can say all the time.

Also- I have to add- There has been a sad lack of posts on my blogs this summer. I would feel bad about this except for the fact that it was just the summer I had been wanting for the past couple years. Going and busy the WHOLE time. And we had SO much fun. But I must say I AM glad that it is coming to an end, that school starts on Monday (even if that means more work for me, since we home-school), and that we can be home again. I LOVED being gone and busy this summer. But at heart I love being home more than anything. The only thing that puts a damper on the summer vacation being over is that my dearest friend stars a new job. And we will not be able to hang out the same as we used to. Going to her house, and just sitting on her couch & visiting, is what keeps me sane some days. *sigh* Anyway- I should be posting a little more now. Aren't you lucky! And- I hope your summer vacation was just what you wanted it to be!

1 comment:

TrishAnderson said...

Well I am moving up to QC/San Tan Valley soon so we can hang out - How does that sound????