Oh do I love my little kiddos! And as they get older, it just makes me sad.
A few days ago the girl had a birthday. This was a BIG one. We planned for months. I could have used another one too. But I am glad it's over. It was a lot of work. But I'm also SO glad that I did it for her. Besides- she won't be having a birthday that big for another 4 years.
She was able to invite whomever she wanted to her party. There were 16 girls (besides her) at the party, and she invited more that couldn't come! It was crazy, and busy, and FUN. The girls had a blast. I have heard nothing but good from the parents about what their daughters have said about it. And after it was over I worried if it was a success. (this was before I talked to anyone) And then it dawned on me- It doesn't matter what anyone except the girl thinks! If she loved it and had fun then it WAS a success! And she did! She was sad to see it end, and wished all of her friends and cousins could have stayed longer. One friend, who was one of the first to leave, thought that the party was supposed to last 6 hours! (instead of the 3) And since she left first, she was really upset thinking that all of the other girls got to stay for another 3 hours. Sure I'm crazy enough to let my daughter invite unlimited numbers of little girls to my home. But not crazy enough to have them stay for 6 hours! I got a good chuckle out of that one.
But the party was NOTHING compaired to the next day.
The girl was baptized a member of our church. She was so happy and excited that I think she smiled all day long. When I looked around the room at all of the people that came to offer their love and support for her I was overwhelmed. There was standing room only. SO many people came. All for this precious daughter of God. And I think it was one of the times that I can say my family was NOT the majority of the people there. And that's saying a lot! I so appreciate all of the friends and family that came and celebrated this big step in my daughter's life.
I sure love that girl of mine. It makes me so proud to see the wonderful young lady that she is becoming. It makes me sad to see her grow up. I am not ready to let go of the baby I brought home. Her life has had such an amazing beginning. I can't wait to see where it goes from here. But scared at the thought of what that means.
I hope that this birthday year was one she will never forget.

5 comments:
it was a special weekend for a special girl!! so glad we could be a part of it. (and embarrassed to not have helped more)
It all was wonderful! Addie was a sight to behold with friends and cousins. She is such a sweetheart! There was a wonderful spirit there. I'm so glad you kids live here.
Oh my gosh I can't believe she is 8! I swear she was like 4 the last time I saw her! She is so cute and looks like her birthday was fun!
Looks like somebody just turned 8!! We have one more to go and all our kiddos will be baptized. Time sure flies.
I was going to say that I found it extremely beneficial to FIRST memorize the vocabulary before hitting the actual grammar portion of latin. They have an abundance of experience with the words when it's done this way and the grammar seems to come easier. Good luck with everything.
she's so big!!! oh, this makes me happy and sad at the same time (do they have an icon for that?) =( / =)
Post a Comment