I have this thing. It has bothered me for YEARS. It's kinda silly. But it surely has been a sore spot with me.
My spice cupboard.
I have tried and tried to come up with a solution to this problem. To no avail.
I can't stand all the different size spice jars.
I don't care for spice racks.
I don't like things on my counters (not enough counter space) and spice racks don't fit in the cupboard. Plus I just don't really like them.
Even if you have a lazy susan you can't see everything.
In general- just yucky all around and I don't like it.
But what to do?
I could never come up with a satisfactory solution to this problem.
Then the other day we were at Cost Plus World Market (which I think is trying to change it's name to JUST World Market btw) and I see these cutest little jars. I mention to the husband that they would be the CUTEST spice jars. (then one problem would be solved- all the jars would be the same) And we go on about our way.
A couple days later I am talking to a friend who tells me that a friend of hers is going to make a spice drawer so she could see every different spice! What a concept!!! That clinched it- I went back to "the Market" and bought the jars. I have been busy trying to figure out some sort of design for the top of them and I finally came up with one that worked. And the husband thinks I am genius. As do the little people. They are amazed my my awesomeness. And I must say- I can't really blame them.
And they have turned out just darling.
And my drawer makes me smile.
And there is order in my universe once again.
OK at least in my spices.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
turned out awesome!! such organization. we are not worthy.
oooohhhhh my that is a wonderful concept!!! amazing what a little organization can do! I wonder if I have a drawer I can spare?
CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! I put mine away last week and am not convinced the shelf is the way to go....you are awesome!!!!
I am going to steal your idea! Every time I need a spice, I'm always cursing under my breath until I find it 10 minutes later. Thank you!
Post a Comment