We had a fun Independence day weekend. In which I took no cameras. (or pictures) I was surprised at my lack of memory when it came to this little detail! I can't tell you how disappointed I was with myself for not capturing the fun. Nor can I tell you how liberating it was to, for once, not be the one documenting the occasion for the whole family. But I am sad to not have the pictures....now that the weekend is over.
It sure would have been fun to have a picture of-
- the kids decorating sun visors with their cousins
- the yummy spread of traditional bbq food that we at at the in-laws, and the not so traditional spread at my parent's (lasagna)
- the children playing with the cousins in the ditch in front of the in-laws house
- the park we played at yesterday
- the blow up swimming pool full of grass and water balloons just waiting to be thrown
- niece 5.1 dumping a bucket of water on her dad and mom & niece 5.2 spraying EVERYONE with the hose
- all the grand kids attacking grandpa with water
- Mom & me sitting in the grass filled tub with all the water balloons
- my children attempting to get their dad wet (since he had his regular clothes on, not planning to get wet)
- and the list goes on
Maybe even a picture of me going down the slip and slide would be very memorable. I don't recommend it. That hurt! My knees are bruised, as is a spot by my ribs. I think I should not have done that. And probably won't again. But it was fun for the kids to see me attempt to do it. Because like I could even resist that group egging me on to do something that I knew was most likely a bad idea, yet the kids looked like they were having such a good time I just HAD to try. And I don't remember it hurting...but that was a LOOOONG time ago. And probably our bodies just aren't made to continue to be abused the way we abused them when we were children. It was fun anyway. But BOY am I sore today!
Can't wait to go to the chiropractor on Thursday!

1 comment:
Even though there are no pics, I am sure the memories and laughs far outweighed the pain, right? Besides, chiropractors work miracles.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment