Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm Amazing!

Did you know?
Well I am.
And I thought you should know it.
Just in case there was any doubt in your mind.
Now there won't be.
Cause I told you.

Now I will tell you the reason for today......
I have this program that I love. I do everything on it. EVERYTHING. No joke.
I have been using it for at least 10 years.
The husband introduced me to it.
He used it at work to design fliers and stuff for the company he was working for at that time.
He thought I would like it.
So he got it for me.
I believe it was for Valentine's day that year. (or shortly after)
He was right. I loved it. And still do to this very day.

And every so often they upgrade.
And I get the new version.
I think I have upgraded about 4 times now. But there have been WAY more upgrades than that.
I was feeling that it was past time for an upgrade.
So we found the newest version. And I bought it.
The all new 2.0 version.

Another story- it ties in don't worry-
I was on a great blog the other day.
Kevin & Amanda
And she was having a give away.
It was for a digital scrapbooking program.
I was beyond excited.
Cause I love that stuff.
So I entered.
But I didn't win.
BOO! :(
But I couldn't stop thinking about that program.
And I have gone to the web site to look at it a few times.
And have told the husband that I NEED it.
And he smiles lovingly at me and says, "OK."
But I don't feel like I have his approval.
So I don't buy it.
(notice I said approval....not permission. BIG difference)

And I looked at the program again today. Thinking he might be on my side this time.
And I think he was.
But there was something that was bugging me about this program.
So I went and looked at the FAQ section. I needed answers.
And I found out what I wanted to know.
It is not sold in stores yet. So I either had to download it, or order a copy and wait for it to be shipped to me.
Oh the agony! Because who likes to wait for something when you want it RIGHT NOW!!!?

And then I noticed it.
The page layout looked a little familiar.
So I surfed the net trying to find out what company owns this product.
And I opened my program to look at it.
And I got on the web site for my program.
And there it was.
The page layouts are the same...only mirrored!
And I looked at the store for each site.
Different site design. Same products.
(these would be download-able digital products)
And I looked at the contact page of each web site...
SAME company owns both products!

I was a little detective.
And I figured it out on my own. (usually the husband figures these things out for me)
And you know what?
I don't want the other program so much any more.
And I'm glad I figured it out BEFORE I bought it.
Because I was *this* close.
And I would have been SO mad.

But instead I'm amazing.
Simply amazing!

***Just so you know I would recommend this product. I l♥ve it. But just don't buy both, K? There's really no need.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Well, you are amazing.... and funny. :) I'm glad you figured that out. I put pics of the quilt on my blog and yes I know, I still haven't called you but we LOVE it.

TrishAnderson said...

Nice detective work. So you recommend the program, but you didn't say what it is.

shamers said...

yeah, i want to know what the program is, too!