Taken as we saw our house for the first time in 5 months.
Summer 2008
Well- if you didn't know, the husband has been gone for over a week now. (you might remember that we did not get to celebrate his birthday with him this year?) He left, very suddenly, to go and do some work up in Idaho. He left last Wednesday morning.....after finding out he was going to leave on Tuesday evening. There was not much time to prepare for his departure. And we were all sad to see him go. The girl cried a bit that first night.
I am proud to report- We have survived. And, this morning, the husband started the long trek back home. YAY! HOWEVER- I told him I could not be excited yet, because he won't actually get home until tomorrow afternoon. I said I would start getting excited tomorrow morning. I lied- I am a bit excited right now...and have been most of the day.
But, until the husband gets home I still have plenty to do......
- park this morning for little nephew D. He turns 3 today. We had a very fun time at the park with sisters # 1, 3, 5, & 7. Sister #2 was working and sister #6 lives out of state. They missed out!
- card party tonight. I want to go. So I had decided I was going to get a babysitter.....until I talked to sister #1. She offered to let my children spend the night at her house.
- baskets saturday morning. i didn't want to have to wake the children early to go with me. but since they will be at sister #1's - i won't have to!!!
- Scouting for Food. saturday morning. with the cub scouts.
- cookies to bake for the husband's return. instead of a cake. he will enjoy the cookies soooo much more.
- finish picking up the house that somehow got messy. it was clean all week until wednesday....when i had to get stuff out to make cards and craft stuff for cub scouts. now it looks like a tornado hit! *sigh*
- create ANOTHER new blog.....recipes. not because i am such a great cook or anything but because we (all the girls in my fam) are CONSTANTLY asking each other for one recipe or another. So here we will be able to put them for all to enjoy....and be able to find when we need it!
But this is all pretty much filler. To keep me busy. So that I won't sit around and- 1) worry about the husband driving so far by himself and- 2) sit around and wonder how much longer till he gets home.
I can't wait until tomorrow when I get to see the husband again. I love that we have been married for 11 years and I still get excited to see him when he comes home- whether it's been a day or a lot longer.
Isn't that the way it should be!!?


5 comments:
Glad he is on his way home. Good for you to get some alone time as well.
YES. That is definitely the way it should be. I love hearing how much you love your man. Cant wait to meet him...and you of course!
Yay for husbands that are home!
Beauty, eh. That's 80's canadian talk for what a beautiful post. How happy it will be when he arrives =)... where in lovely Idaho did the husband go?
I know how it is to have the hubby gone - it stinks! My house gets messy and I get grouchy. Then I do massive clean right before he gets here and everything is good again. Happy V-Day BTW♥
Post a Comment