Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to you!

I don't really like this day. It serves as a reminder that in 7 short months I will also be older. And then I can't tease him about being an old man...because I'll be just as old.

I am celebrating the husband's birthday without him this year. We have talked a lot today. We actually woke him up this morning when we called to sing happy birthday. Sorry to not let him sleep in, but I knew the girl would not want to miss out and I wanted to wish the husband a happy day first thing in the morning.
 I'm sure that, being a man, he doesn't really care. But birthdays were always a big deal in my family growing up, so they still are. I am sad he's not here.  

When he was little, his grandpa used to tell him it was a good thing he wasn't born a day later or he would have been born a ground hog. He said it scared him. He said he was always glad he wasn't born a day later.
I'm glad he wasn't born a day later too. I don't think I would want to be married to a ground hog.

I want to write all of the wonderful things about the husband. I want to say how great he is. And expound on all of his amazing qualities. I would really LOVE to have an extreeeemly creative way to tell you all about it. However- since he has been out of town I have been exhausted. And I really can't think straight. But I do know he's wonderful. And I just thought you should know too.

Happy Birthday sweet husband!!!! I hope you had a great day.... all the way over in Idaho. I sure missed spending it with you! 

♥We'll celebrate when you get home.♥

4 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday to Ammon!! Great picture of him! I hope you guys do something fun when he gets back. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?!

TrishAnderson said...

Happy Birthday Ammon. Sorry you didn't get to be together. It will be a magnificent celebration when he gets home.

OK, so I have been craving La Comida and I know they closed, but I know your sis in laws, in laws owned it. Do you think they would be willing to tell me how they prepared their chicken and made their salsa. I am in dire need here.

Ruth P said...

Happy birthday, Ammon! You do have a great husband, Nat!

big_smartmouth said...

we already knew how wonderful your hubby is! happy birthday, ammon. here's to many, many more!