Sunday, February 21, 2010

52BP: week6,7,&8

I got a little behind. I guess I've had things to do. So I have a few blessings today. Yay! The more the merrier, right?

Week6
 
RAIN
I am so loving all of the rain that we have received lately. In a part of the country that doesn't get nearly enough rain every year, I am glad for the moisture our earth is receiving. Plus it makes it feel a little more wintery over here! Besides it's not often these two cuties have a chance to pull out the boots and umbrellas....but they always hope.



Week7
READING WITH MY CHILDREN 
I love reading with/ to my children. It is soooo much fun. I love finding books that they love. Even more I love finding SERIES that we all love. I mostly read chapter books to them. And daddy reads the Dr. Seuss variety to them.Some of the books we have read recently include:
One set of American Girl books- Addy
Little House on The Prairie- the first 3 and currently about half way through the 4th one
Ramona- the first 4 and we recently bought the last 4. So we'll be reading those soon
But our very most recent book, that we are in LOVE with is The Doll People....which we found out is also a series! There are 3 of them! And we just started #2 today! They are super cute. So if you are looking for a good book to read with YOUR kiddos I would highly recommend this one!



Week8

 THE HUSBAND
Well I guess it was a given that I would count him as one of my blessings sooner or later this year. But what more appropriate time than this month. I mean- it is the month he was born in...and the month of l♥ve. But today I am so grateful for this man for reasons other than those. Yesterday and today he reminded me why I am so blessed to be married to him. His actions spoke louder than any words EVER could have. He is not at home. The "little wifey" isn't there "keeping tabs" on him. He's hangin out with a bunch of other guys  while he's gone. And, you know, he doesn't act any differently than he would if I was there. He has had the opportunity the last couple days to make decisions that could go either way. And they wouldn't make him a bad person. But let's just say- I'm glad he's not a man that says one thing and does another. And I'm blessd to have him in my life!

5 comments:

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Those are great blessings! Today I went out on my back lawn and it was actually SOGGY! Like squishy soggy. Amazing! Love the rain - I wish it would last all week. It's so cozy! And glad the hubbys back!

Ginny said...

haha....i love how addies boots are army and eph's boots are bright pink!!! a little mixed up eh?? : ) i wanna read those books tehy sound sooo cute!!!

uniquelynat said...

her boots have hearts on them. and his boots are her old boots. it's cheaper that way....even if they are pink.

Charity said...

I love the pic of the husband on the roof!!! I seriously do! I need to get one of The Red Flame like that. I loves me a man with a tool belt! (well, when it's mine...or that guy off of trading spaces...or an old soda commercial with the construction men...NOT so much that Home Improvement guy though)Does that make me shallow?! ")

TrishAnderson said...

These are beautiful blessings. Glad I took a moment to read back on what I had missed in the last couple of days.