Wednesday, February 24, 2010

THE quilt

So I finished the quilt for little Jake a little while ago. And sent it a little after that. And on Saturday, Feb 13, I got a message from his mama that it had arrived! She has already posted about it. Her pictures are WAY cuter than mine. I would send you over there to look at it, but her blog is private and so it would do you know good anyway. So I guess I will just have to show you some of my pictures instead. I LOVE the way it turned out. I was so proud of myself. And the scrapbook that went with it was ADORABLE. (even if I do say so myself)

the little scrapbook was made from and old book. i lined the inside with scrapbook paper and then designed each of the pages with the same colors. either stamped, paper, or ribbon. then onto those pages i put the index card with the wish they wrote for Jake and a sapmle of fabric of the square they sent for the quilt.


 
i hand embroidered each square that was sent with the name of the person that gave it.



3 comments:

Shelli said...

whoa what a gift from the heart...many hearts. Great job!

Rosalyn Francis said...

Wow!

Wow. I don't know what else to say.... Maybe I'll say that if your artistic expression is any indication of the beautiful person you are (and it is!), then, Wow.

big_smartmouth said...

okay, that is adorable!! love, love, love it!