We did make it back to AZ without any further issues with the car. My goodness. This was a very memorable trip. I think one of my favorite things about it was (because of issues & my attitude about them) this was one of the most non-rushed feeling trips ever. I loved that feeling. Whenever we go somewhere I always feel like we are on such a time schedule that we don't have time to just stop and enjoy all of the beauty that is rushing past our windows. Well this time we were forced (sort of ) to stop and enjoy it all. HOW FUN!
I can start with Friday morning. We got up called the mechanic, Roger, from the night before. He said that they had not found the part for our car yet and to call back in a bit. So we went out and wandered around to the few little tourist trap stores that were near by. We enjoyed that and the beauty outside, then went back and called again. He said they found the part in Kanab, about 20 miles away. While he went and got the part we decided to eat breakfast. Once we got there, sat down, & ordered, the husband saw him pulling into the hotel parking lot. SO he got up and went out. I ate a pleasant breakfast alone. About the time I was debating on asking for a box for the husband's food & the check, he drove up. YAY a working car! By this time it was around 11/11:30am.
I asked what had happened and he said the they has jumped the car to see if they could start it, instead of having it towed down to the garage. It worked and they drove it over there. Once there Roger tested the battery. It was fine. He tested the alternator. It was fine. They checked a couple other things. Everything was fine. There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with our car!
We traveled the rest of the way to Sandy without incident. The car worked perfectly the whole time we were there and the whole way home. Not a single hitch. And pretty much the rest of our trip was uneventful. We saw a deer run right down the side of the mountain to our car. We saw plenty of cows & horses. And cute old wood and places that would make beautiful photo shoot backdrops. And even saw a few buffalo. We stopped at Cove Fort on the way home on Sunday. And there was lots of beauty all around. Even a few Native Americans out at their Trading Posts selling their handicrafts. But not a single problem with the car.
I really learned that the Lord was watching over us. And he answered our prayers to keep us safe....just not in a way that you would think. I guess we just weren't supposed to travel the whole way on Thursday. Who knows what would have happened if we had. Maybe nothing. But for some reason the Lord did not want us to. And so we didn't. But one thing I know for sure- we were watched over. Just like we had asked. And the Lord hears me when I pray. And me & my little family are important to Him. It was a humbling experience for me. I am grateful for it.
I took a lot of pictures. But then I usually do. Just click on the image to see the rest of them.


1 comment:
Thank goodness for answered prayers. I too have has some experiences this week with my own car that humbled me. Glad I wasn't alone. Have a safe rest of the trip!
Post a Comment