Sunday, September 20, 2009

What ARE they teaching in there!!?

Today during sacrament meeting the girl was coloring. The boy was asleep on my lap. The girl colored for a while, tried to draw some hearts, and gave up when she couldn't quite get it. I asked her what those little circles on the page were and she told me they were hearts. So I showed her how to draw one really easily- a "v" with an "m" on top. She got it right away and was so pleased with herself. She drew a few of those and then turns to me and says, "Mom, did you know a whale was a prophet." It wasn't really a question so much as she was stating a fact. I said no, she said yes, I said no, she said yes, and then I said, "No. A whale SWALLOWED a prophet." So she asked how that could happen. So I told her to ask dad. She got up on his lap as he told her the whole story of Jonah. After he was done she got back down and started coloring again. After a minute she looks back up at me and says, "Well, Sister Clare said that a whale was a prophet."

What exactly are they teaching our children in primary this year!!?! :)
hehe love ya Sister Clare! (you could always leave a comment to defend your position if you feel the need)

6 comments:

Heidi said...

That is so funny!

Ginny said...

that is too funny! I really want sister Claire to defend herself....I would love to hear the story. Also, the plan is that Im still coming out there tomorrow...10 right? love ya

Ruth P said...

She is so cute! Kids say the funniest things!

big_smartmouth said...

well, you never know...maybe sister claire DID teach her a whale was a prophet! =) i remember my sister teaching sunbeams and while i helped her one sunday, she showed the kids a picture of joseph smith and asked who it was. one kids hand shot up and shouted,"john smith!" close...not really, but kinda'.

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, I'll defend myself. Not that sweet Addy is any kind of threat. I promise we are not teaching that Jonah is a whale in primary. Although, I did post a picture of a whale with Jonah's name over the top of the picture. This was to depict and correlate the story. I guess I should make things a little more clear in the future. I am always surprised to find people, especially little people, listen to me. My surprise may come from the fact that I have to repeat everything I say to my own children at least five times! Honestly, how many times do I have to tell an eight-yr-old that his scout shirt is hanging in the laundry room!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute.

Thanks for the comment. I'm hitting 24 weeks so I am getting bigger.

It was good to see you tonight. And your hair looked cute!