Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our little grad

Last week the girl graduated from Kindergarten. I am so pleased with the progress she has made and all that she has learned this year. Especially since we didn't enroll her in school until January and I wasn't sure where she was compared to the rest of the class.


This is the girl and 2 of the friends in her class- on the left is V and on the right is T. Two very sweet little girls. The first time I ever saw V she really reminded me of my niece. And the more I have gotten to know her them ore she reminds me of my little niece. Maybe not AS much in looks, but they have very similar personalities. Such a sweetie!


There were 4 Kinder classes at the girl's school this year. They split the classes and had the graduation for 2 of them one night and 2 the next night. It was sooo cute how they had the kids paired up and holding hands as they walked down the "red carpet". Here is J from the girl's class and J from the other class.


These two girls are two of my little girl scouts. The one on the left (in the front) is a twin and I can never tell them apart so she is either A or B and the one on the right (behind) is T. T is also in the girl's class and they are good friends as well.


These ladies are (from left to right) Mrs. Klinakis, the assistant principal ( I don't know her name though I'm sure many of you will tell me what it is), and Mrs. Womack.


And the girl gets her "diploma"


With her teacher....whom I have loved this year. I know some people have mixed feelings, but I am glad that we got her as "our" teacher for the first experience in school. She has been a wonderful teacher for the girl, and because of the volunteering I was able to do, I have built a new friendship.


With the dad and the brother


With the mom


And by herself. My sweet little.......1st grader?! My how time flies! My baby is growing up whether like it or not.

10 comments:

trublubyu said...

the girl is a sweetie! congratulations to the girl.

Unknown said...

Um, in the picture near the top, both of the girls friends are on the left? Oh well - very cute!!

uniquelynat said...

yeah- thanks amy. i fixed it!! :o) i get my left and left mixed up all the time! hehe

big_smartmouth said...

first off, her hair is so long!! second, your hair is so dark!! third, WAY TO GO, A!!! i'm so proud of you for making it through your first year of school! only 12 more years (plus college) to go!!

Heidi said...

She looks so darn cute! They all look adorable with their hats. She is growing up fast!

Summer said...

What an adorable "girl".....great job on the cute hair!

Randibee said...

Congrats to the grad! And to the mom too.

p.s.-I wish my kids had such cute hair! Little A looks very pretty!

TrishAnderson said...

Congrats. I understand how you feel about time flying. You guys all look so good!!!!

Lindsay and Tyler Kohler said...

she is adorable. i miss her and all of your family. i have to say though, i am glad i am not out there this year, i'm sure you are too. tell your kids hi!

Crafty Cowgirl said...

congrats!