Saturday, June 6, 2009

A short post

And an emotional one.

I was in the shower the other day and I hear a little crash. I get out to see that the boy has pulled my grandma's tea cup off the shelf in my room. And broke it. Thankfully it was a clean break and only one piece. So it will be easy to repair. But still VERY upsetting to me.

I think I have a better idea of how my mom felt when she came home one day (many years ago) to find that the boys (her sons & their friends) had broken grandma's antiques by playing football in the house.

2 comments:

big_smartmouth said...

when i was 5, my grandmother gave me a plate with a painting of a little girl on it. she said the girl looked exactly like me and she wanted me to have it. i loved that plate! it held great honor on the top of my dresser. one day, i came home to find that my little cousin came over with my uncle and while my mom and uncle were visiting, my cousin went found a baseball bat, went into my room and swung as hard as he could at my plate. there isn't a Christmas dinner that goes by that i don't remind my cousin of that day. so, all of that is to tell you, yes, i feel your pain!

TrishAnderson said...

I am so sorry to hear about the break. I feel the pain through the post.