For Course 1 at least.
And in Honor of the last cake- I wrote a little poem..........
My roses are pink.

My cake was blue.

It had a great border.

Can't wait till Course 2!!!
BUT- Here are a few pictures of my last night in class
This is our instructor Karina
(who will also be the instructor for the next course)

I also took this course with 2 of my friends
Shirley & Bev

And of course my official certificate saying I have completed Course 1

My roses are pink.
My cake was blue.
It had a great border.
Can't wait till Course 2!!!
A bit about this cake. For some reason (time crunch) I didn't take any pictures of the work in progress. I made the cake the night before so that it could cool and be ready to fill and frost in the morning. For that day was also the girl's kindergarten graduation, and I knew I would be pressed for time. And so I planned ahead. And was roused the next morning, from my beautiful dream, by the girl saying,"Mom, the boy just took a bite out of your cake." And up I jumped, fully awake, and ran into the kitchen to find the damage irreparable. So I had to bake another one. And it put me much behind schedule. I also had to make the flowers ahead of time because of the Kinder Grad. And all this I needed to do before I picked the girl up from school. So that we could devote the whole time after picking her up for getting her ready. But I got it all done. And the graduation didn't take as long as I thought and so I was only 45 minutes late to my class and got to sit there and watch everyone else make their flowers. It was quite amusing.
And then on Sunday (May 31) we cut into this lovely masterpiece. It was a white cake with raspberry whipped cream filling. And it was GROSS. The cake was not cooked all the way (put VERY close) and so it was too dense in the very middle.The husband and children didn't seem to mind it too much, but I did. Knowing I wouldn't eat another piece I let the children pick all the flowers and stuff they wanted off and eat them BEFORE I tossed it. I was going to call one of my friends and invite her family over to share with us. I would have been sooooooo embarrassed. I must say this is one time when I am very happy that I was SELFISH, and didn't share with anyone.
And then on Sunday (May 31) we cut into this lovely masterpiece. It was a white cake with raspberry whipped cream filling. And it was GROSS. The cake was not cooked all the way (put VERY close) and so it was too dense in the very middle.The husband and children didn't seem to mind it too much, but I did. Knowing I wouldn't eat another piece I let the children pick all the flowers and stuff they wanted off and eat them BEFORE I tossed it. I was going to call one of my friends and invite her family over to share with us. I would have been sooooooo embarrassed. I must say this is one time when I am very happy that I was SELFISH, and didn't share with anyone.
BUT- Here are a few pictures of my last night in class
This is our instructor Karina
(who will also be the instructor for the next course)
I also took this course with 2 of my friends
Shirley & Bev
And of course my official certificate saying I have completed Course 1
And Course 2 starts tomorrow. We only will only make 1 cake- on the last week. But we will be creating flowers during the first 3 classes. So I will post pictures of those and of course tell you all of the fun things that we are learning. One thing I did learn last week is that you can store things made with royal icing for up to 2 years. WOW! who knew!?!!

6 comments:
Your cake looks amazing! Cake decorating talent must be in your blood!
I love it! I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class I would love it!
why in the heck didn't we do this together last summer?! i've always wanted to take this class!
sorry your last cake tasted so bad. but, it looks pretty. i guess this cake is like the hot girl in school. every boy wants her, but when they date her, they realize she's nasty on the inside. so, i'm calling this cake, the cheerleader cake! hehehe
have fun w/ course 2!!
Natalie, what a beautiful cake! Great job! Isn't it wonderful what help our little ones can be?!
that really is a masterpiece cake. it looks lovely!
You never cease to amaze me at your creativity! Beautiful.
Post a Comment