In case you are wondering what in the WORLD we are doing with all of this cake (and why we haven't invited you over for some yet) this is the answer-
On Sunday I called my parents to invite ourselves over for dinner. I told them I would bring dessert. I know that lots of my family will be there (usually) and so I knew it would get eaten. It did! Hooray! Because if I had not pulled that little stunt, I would still have cake left over on Thursday when I have to do another, and Friday when I am doing the cupcakes. I don't really know what I'm going to do with all that. Not to mention another cake next week.
But I do have to mention that I was bummed there wasn't more filling. As I said before I smooshed it down. My mom (a professional cake lady) also said it could have used more filling. I told her my story and she said, "Yep, that would do it." Trust me, though- I will NOT be making the same mistake this week! I want as MUCH of the yummy filling as I can possibly get in there!!! (see below for the kind of cake/filling and you will know why!)
We may have to go to mom & dad's again.....or you could comment and let me know if you'd like to be invited over. If you live close it's likely to become a reality for you! :0)
Tomorrow I am baking my cake and cupcakes. The cupcakes will most likely be white or funfetti. The cake is going to be chocolate with chocolate mousse filling (my fave). Although some of that is already spoken for by myself and a friend (who is actually the one that requested it). If you want to share it too you better speak up QUICK! I haven't had chocolate in 2 weeks it's gonna get eaten SUPER FAST!
On Sunday I called my parents to invite ourselves over for dinner. I told them I would bring dessert. I know that lots of my family will be there (usually) and so I knew it would get eaten. It did! Hooray! Because if I had not pulled that little stunt, I would still have cake left over on Thursday when I have to do another, and Friday when I am doing the cupcakes. I don't really know what I'm going to do with all that. Not to mention another cake next week.
But I do have to mention that I was bummed there wasn't more filling. As I said before I smooshed it down. My mom (a professional cake lady) also said it could have used more filling. I told her my story and she said, "Yep, that would do it." Trust me, though- I will NOT be making the same mistake this week! I want as MUCH of the yummy filling as I can possibly get in there!!! (see below for the kind of cake/filling and you will know why!)
We may have to go to mom & dad's again.....or you could comment and let me know if you'd like to be invited over. If you live close it's likely to become a reality for you! :0)
Tomorrow I am baking my cake and cupcakes. The cupcakes will most likely be white or funfetti. The cake is going to be chocolate with chocolate mousse filling (my fave). Although some of that is already spoken for by myself and a friend (who is actually the one that requested it). If you want to share it too you better speak up QUICK! I haven't had chocolate in 2 weeks it's gonna get eaten SUPER FAST!

4 comments:
Anytime you want to get rid of cake, let me know! I will always come!
Before you cut into the chocolate cake, I want to see it so invite me over! And I won't forget the camera this time. :) I still think you should make this a business. Coolidge needs a cake decorator!
it is a dang good thing i live so far away!! you and your baking added to my weight gain last summer. *mutters* stupid peanut bars and dump cake!
At some point I will have to try your cakes. For now, it was graduation cupcakes and Brendon's b-day cake so I have had plenty of sweets (as my waisteline shows).
Post a Comment