
Well- yesterday we had a little adventure at our house. Or maybe it was more that the dog had an adventure.
I know I have talked about my pets before. But here's a little background for those that somehow missed it- I have 4 mini schnauzers. The first one we got about 6 months after we got married. Shortly after we bred her with the dog I grew up with. (also a mini schnauzer) I wanted a little boy dog- to be just like my Doogie. She had a little of 8...GIRLS. We kept one of them. Later we bred them again. This time 7 pups- 5 boys, 2 girls. I still wanted a little Doogie clone so we kept one of the boys....and somehow ended up with a girl as well. After that we decided to get them all fixed since we did not want to end up with 80 dogs. Which is where we were headed if we kept breeding her. So now we have 4- 3 girls & 1 boy. All with Russian names. And no one can pronounce them correctly, let alone tell them apart.
This experience would be about the 2 from the second litter. The boy and one o f the girls.
I get together with one of my sisters on Tuesday and Thursday to exercise. I always lock the dogs out when people are here. When Ran was leaving, I walked her out. I left the screen door open a crack, since there were no dogs in the house to try and escape. We talked for a minute. And while we were talking, the husband came home. He put up the garage door. Got some equipment to go fix someones alarm and left again. I went inside through the garage door. Then I let the dogs in. I remembered that the front screen was open a crack, so I went and shut it, thinking how lucky I was that none of the dogs noticed. Then I went about my business.
On his way home, the husband called and asked me where the dogs were. I looked around and 2 of them were in my room with me. (the boy was taking a nap) But I couldn't find the other 2. He said that he was trying to catch the girl. (which would explain why he sounded VERY out of breath) He brought her home and then went back out to look for the little boy. No luck. He was gone for over an hour. And the dogs had been out for around 2 hours. After the husband ate lunch, the boy woke up, and I had sent out an email to the ward we went out to hang up signs. The husband was hanging up the third one on a pole by the 9th street entrance to our neighborhood, when a car drives past, flips around, & pulls up to ask the husband about it. She asked a couple questions and then said that she had the dog at her house. So the husband gets back in the car and tells me to follow her to get him.
She introduced herself to us as Brenda. She also told us that have 4 schnauzers. we talked for a moment and she went inside to get the dog. Sure enough- there he was, looking all proud of himself. She picked him up out by Vah Ki Inn & The Boulevard. He got pretty far. And come to find out- the husband had actually seen some people out running around there when he was driving home from fixing the alarm, right before he saw the other dog. But didn't take particular notice because it didn't concern him, right?! HA
The funniest part was, when the husband brought the girl dog home- she pretty much acted scared and everything all the rest of the day. And stuck kind of close by me. The boy, however, came waltzing in like he had just had the most fun day in his ENTIRE life and couldn't wait to do it again tomorrow.
With each sign the husband hung up I got more and more upset about the whole situation. I could just picture my little dog out there somewhere scared & running away from people and cars. It made me so sad. We were so grateful to have him back. And while it may seem silly to most people-We felt it was a small miracle for our family to get him back so quickly, and relatively easily. And we are grateful to Brenda and her family for being kind enough to pick him up. And also grateful to know that we are not the only people in the world crazy enough to own 4 schnauzers!!! :o)
BTW- the dog's names are:
Malishka
Cemka
Xyenya
Put K Shastya
I know I have talked about my pets before. But here's a little background for those that somehow missed it- I have 4 mini schnauzers. The first one we got about 6 months after we got married. Shortly after we bred her with the dog I grew up with. (also a mini schnauzer) I wanted a little boy dog- to be just like my Doogie. She had a little of 8...GIRLS. We kept one of them. Later we bred them again. This time 7 pups- 5 boys, 2 girls. I still wanted a little Doogie clone so we kept one of the boys....and somehow ended up with a girl as well. After that we decided to get them all fixed since we did not want to end up with 80 dogs. Which is where we were headed if we kept breeding her. So now we have 4- 3 girls & 1 boy. All with Russian names. And no one can pronounce them correctly, let alone tell them apart.
This experience would be about the 2 from the second litter. The boy and one o f the girls.
I get together with one of my sisters on Tuesday and Thursday to exercise. I always lock the dogs out when people are here. When Ran was leaving, I walked her out. I left the screen door open a crack, since there were no dogs in the house to try and escape. We talked for a minute. And while we were talking, the husband came home. He put up the garage door. Got some equipment to go fix someones alarm and left again. I went inside through the garage door. Then I let the dogs in. I remembered that the front screen was open a crack, so I went and shut it, thinking how lucky I was that none of the dogs noticed. Then I went about my business.
On his way home, the husband called and asked me where the dogs were. I looked around and 2 of them were in my room with me. (the boy was taking a nap) But I couldn't find the other 2. He said that he was trying to catch the girl. (which would explain why he sounded VERY out of breath) He brought her home and then went back out to look for the little boy. No luck. He was gone for over an hour. And the dogs had been out for around 2 hours. After the husband ate lunch, the boy woke up, and I had sent out an email to the ward we went out to hang up signs. The husband was hanging up the third one on a pole by the 9th street entrance to our neighborhood, when a car drives past, flips around, & pulls up to ask the husband about it. She asked a couple questions and then said that she had the dog at her house. So the husband gets back in the car and tells me to follow her to get him.
She introduced herself to us as Brenda. She also told us that have 4 schnauzers. we talked for a moment and she went inside to get the dog. Sure enough- there he was, looking all proud of himself. She picked him up out by Vah Ki Inn & The Boulevard. He got pretty far. And come to find out- the husband had actually seen some people out running around there when he was driving home from fixing the alarm, right before he saw the other dog. But didn't take particular notice because it didn't concern him, right?! HA
The funniest part was, when the husband brought the girl dog home- she pretty much acted scared and everything all the rest of the day. And stuck kind of close by me. The boy, however, came waltzing in like he had just had the most fun day in his ENTIRE life and couldn't wait to do it again tomorrow.
With each sign the husband hung up I got more and more upset about the whole situation. I could just picture my little dog out there somewhere scared & running away from people and cars. It made me so sad. We were so grateful to have him back. And while it may seem silly to most people-We felt it was a small miracle for our family to get him back so quickly, and relatively easily. And we are grateful to Brenda and her family for being kind enough to pick him up. And also grateful to know that we are not the only people in the world crazy enough to own 4 schnauzers!!! :o)
BTW- the dog's names are:
Malishka
Cemka
Xyenya
Put K Shastya

7 comments:
so glad you found them.
wow-had no idea i caused such a commotion. lol. glad the dogs are safe at home.
Yeah, we lost our chocolate lab over three years ago and have never replaced her. We couldn't bring ourselves to get another dog because she was such a great dog. She was staying at my parents house while we were between houses and she got out and someone had to have kept her because she had tags on.
i'm so glad you found'em! i know how much your furry kids mean to you. i would go insane if i lost my lucy. oh, and ps...i can pronounce all your dogs names! =)
Did I ever tell you how much I love how you refer to your dearests in "the boy, the girl, the husband"? I love it. It is so light and makes me smile!
HMMMMM...you know, I have heard you call the dogs many times by name...but I never knew they were Russian names! I thought maybe you just played name scrabble and made names out of the first tiles you drew! I didn't know The Husband was to blame!!!
How is he (the dog, not The Husband) behaving now all these weeks later? Did he (again the dog, not The Husband) learn a lesson???
I personally LOVE your dogs names...hmm wonder why that would be. Maybe because my husband is Russian. I knew you knew that- it was for the other bloggers out there who were wondering where my babbling was going. Too cute names. Molodets.
Post a Comment