Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The votes are in..... (some thought on this election day)

Ammon and I got early ballots and waited until the night before to sit down and fill them out. We went to drop them off this morning, and as I walked up to the polling place I felt myself getting a little excited. Why? It's not the first time I have ever voted. I think, though, that it is a great experience every time. I was so happy to cast my vote. And what I realized is this....... While what I want to pass may not & who I want to win may not, I still voted. I still made my voice heard. I stood up and was counted today. Were you? I hope so. It does no good to not vote simply because who you think should win might not. If you don't vote that is one more vote for the other guy. It's great to live in a country where we have a choice. It's great that we all have different opinions. That's called freedom of choice and it's part of what makes our country great. If we stop voting, just because we're afraid of blah blah blah.... then we relinquish the power we have to help make our country run the way we would like. If you could have voted and didn't.........no sniveling if you get results you don't like. Remember- you had the chance to and did nothing about it! I am glad I voted, even if the results are not what I would like. If you haven't ever voted...try it, you'll like it!

1 comment:

Jenny and Tony said...

I voted I voted I voted and I got a sticker to prove it :)

If you aren't part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!