OK- to start off I just have to say that I have a few different things that I would like to post. However, tomorrow being THANKSGIVING!!!!! and all, it will have to wait until after. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but....tomorrow IS more important than my blog. *cringe* (yes I really did just say that!)
So the ONE thing that couldn't wait is this............ (because I really should be in the kitchen making pie and cutting veggies)
Last night was book club. When I got home there was a little present and a card sitting on the kitchen table. (FYI: my garage door opens directly into the eating area, so the table is directly in front of the door) The card says: It's for you!! on it. So I take it into the bedroom where Ammon is sitting at the computer, fixing something....again. "Am I supposed to open this?" "Yep." So I sit down on the edge of the bed and open the card. On the front is a picture of two people's feet sticking up in the air & they are laying on the bed. On the inside the caption reads: "My favorite place in all the world is next to you." And Ammon wrote Happy Thanksgiving Surprise! I am thankful for you. I started crying. It was so sweet. What fun to come home to a surprise like that. The present was a new watch. I really love it. My norm is to just go and get a cheap $8 watch from WalMart when I need a new one. I had mentioned to Ammon that it was time for a new one, and he remembered!!! How great is that! And he picked a good one too. He just got me a "Happy Thanksgiving" present.
See now- for all you people that think that Valentine's Day is too commercialized and refuse to celebrate it, maybe you should think of doing something special on Thanksgiving. It's is definitely NOT to commercialized. Could you think maybe my cute little husband has the right idea!!? Well, whether it's a new tradition that he wants to start, or not, I still think it was a great thing for him to do! And because he did that sweet thing for me last night, I was motivated to clean my guts out today, and now we have a sparkling clean house (except the bathroom). And I KNOW that is something he appreciates!
So the ONE thing that couldn't wait is this............ (because I really should be in the kitchen making pie and cutting veggies)
Last night was book club. When I got home there was a little present and a card sitting on the kitchen table. (FYI: my garage door opens directly into the eating area, so the table is directly in front of the door) The card says: It's for you!! on it. So I take it into the bedroom where Ammon is sitting at the computer, fixing something....again. "Am I supposed to open this?" "Yep." So I sit down on the edge of the bed and open the card. On the front is a picture of two people's feet sticking up in the air & they are laying on the bed. On the inside the caption reads: "My favorite place in all the world is next to you." And Ammon wrote Happy Thanksgiving Surprise! I am thankful for you. I started crying. It was so sweet. What fun to come home to a surprise like that. The present was a new watch. I really love it. My norm is to just go and get a cheap $8 watch from WalMart when I need a new one. I had mentioned to Ammon that it was time for a new one, and he remembered!!! How great is that! And he picked a good one too. He just got me a "Happy Thanksgiving" present.
See now- for all you people that think that Valentine's Day is too commercialized and refuse to celebrate it, maybe you should think of doing something special on Thanksgiving. It's is definitely NOT to commercialized. Could you think maybe my cute little husband has the right idea!!? Well, whether it's a new tradition that he wants to start, or not, I still think it was a great thing for him to do! And because he did that sweet thing for me last night, I was motivated to clean my guts out today, and now we have a sparkling clean house (except the bathroom). And I KNOW that is something he appreciates!

4 comments:
that really is very sweet. he has the right idea.
What a sweet husband... that is so nice. I love it when husband are so thoughtful.
What a guy! Don't you love it when they make you feel special. He needs a present on say Pearl Harbor day (Dec 7th) He would never expect it! (wink)
How Sweet!!!! And yay for the clean house ;)
Post a Comment