So I told you about how Ammon got me "the book"......I can do one better than that!
Friday evening Sarah & I went to the store behind our house. We were just randomly walking around. Not really in the mood to do the shopping we went there for. Well for some reason we always have to stop at the magazine rack on the side wall and look and see what they've got. As we come around the corner i start to look at the magazines and something catches my attention......
Friday evening Sarah & I went to the store behind our house. We were just randomly walking around. Not really in the mood to do the shopping we went there for. Well for some reason we always have to stop at the magazine rack on the side wall and look and see what they've got. As we come around the corner i start to look at the magazines and something catches my attention......

THIS......
Could you even imagine our surprise! It was not even 9pm on Fri, Aug 1st. This book was NOT supposed to be on shelves yet! And we still had 3 hours 'till we could go pick ours up from Borders! Should we get it? Should we wait? I don't know how we could resist. The only thing keeping us from snatching them up right then & there is that we have copies reserved at Borders and we don't really want to pay $10 more at the grocery store. And for me, that Ammon went and specially reserved a copy. I didn't want to hurt his feelings by buying the one at the store. So we both decided to"hold on to it" while we walked around for a bit more. RIGHT! We didn't even make it to the end of the aisle before we decided that we had to have it! Sarah says "But what if they won't let us buy it since it's not midnight yet?!" I said, "That's why we are going to the self check!" Good plan. I get up to the register scan my club card and scan the book......YAHOO! $7 off! So we only spent a few dollars more than we would have at the book store! And we got them at 9:11pm!!! BIG bonus!
Could you even imagine our surprise! It was not even 9pm on Fri, Aug 1st. This book was NOT supposed to be on shelves yet! And we still had 3 hours 'till we could go pick ours up from Borders! Should we get it? Should we wait? I don't know how we could resist. The only thing keeping us from snatching them up right then & there is that we have copies reserved at Borders and we don't really want to pay $10 more at the grocery store. And for me, that Ammon went and specially reserved a copy. I didn't want to hurt his feelings by buying the one at the store. So we both decided to"hold on to it" while we walked around for a bit more. RIGHT! We didn't even make it to the end of the aisle before we decided that we had to have it! Sarah says "But what if they won't let us buy it since it's not midnight yet?!" I said, "That's why we are going to the self check!" Good plan. I get up to the register scan my club card and scan the book......YAHOO! $7 off! So we only spent a few dollars more than we would have at the book store! And we got them at 9:11pm!!! BIG bonus!

Of course we had to go to a couple of the other girls' houses so we could gloat a bit. But in the end we were back at my house and reading by 10:30pm. Sad to say I have already finished reading it. I was done less than 24 hours later. I finished reading it around 8:30pm on Saturday. It was sooo good! I am so glad that Sarah introduced me to this series. Now I just have to hold it all inside until the others are finished reading and we can discuss!!!! For those of you reading......ENJOY!!!Oh- and by the way- I called Ammon, and got a hold of him, around 10pm and he was so stressed because he wasn't even close to being able to start heading home. So he was worried that I was gonna be upset with him that I wouldn't be able to get the book that night anyway. Good thing we decided to go ahead and get them. Illya, Sarah's husband, and Ammon both got home after 1am! We were smart to buy them when we did!

6 comments:
You got lucky! So, I didn't love it! I did like it at the end and the beginning but the middle weirded me out a little too much. It was good, I was just expecting to like it better since the last 2 are amazing! I totally had it all figured out by like page 200 so I was hoping there would be more twists and turns.
That is awesome!!!
It's great to hear from you!
I can't believe you got it so early! Lucky duck...:) haha. I loved it! I thought it was a lot different than the other 3, but who can resist an ending that includes Edward! Not me. I'm glad you are having fun on your summer away from the heat! Take care.
I haven't read them yet but my sister brought over the stack and told me to read. I am waiting until Audrie starts school! That is awesome that you got it early but how sweet of Ammon to order it for you and be so worried about getting it in time!
beautiful night, wasn't it? but, that amazing series is over and now there is nothing to live for...oh wait! there is one thing to keep on living for...the twilight movie! (you thought i was going to say my husband, didn't you?) jk
Post a Comment