Monday, August 25, 2008

Excuses Excuses!

They are all excuses and I can't make it up to anyone. But I want you to hear me out. Here's what I have to say.

I'm sorry for all of the ways in which I fell short this summer.
**I forgot birthdays
**I never made it to WV to visit my friend Emily
**I didn't call as often as I should have
**I complained too much
**My house wasn't as clean as it should have been since I didn't have a lot else to do
**I cried almost every other day
**I let my kids run around looking like ragamuffins
**I spent money when I shouldn't have
**I envied those in AZ
**I didn't try as hard as I should have to be a better friend out here
**I didn't take better advantage of the workout facilities

Now for the excuses WHY....
**I forgot birthdays....out of sight out of mind. Pathetic I know but if I am being honest that is the total truth. I have nothing better than that.
**I never made it to WV to visit my friend Emily....I procrastinated. That's mainly what it comes down to. At the beginning of the summer I had my car and thought I would be able to just drive up to see her during the week some time. Then Ammon switched jobs and he started taking the car. So Sunday became the only day I had a car. And the only day really that we had time to spend as a family. All I can say is now I am VERY sad & I'm sorry I never got over there Emily!!! I feel like a jerk!
**I didn't call as often as I should have....I was too busy having way too much fun to even give the people at home a second thought! Well ok- not really. Mostly afraid of using too many minutes. And again- out of sight out of mind. Plus the feeling of (and this is sooo rude of me) "Why should I have to be the one to call all the time!" sorry !!!
**I complained too much....I need to learn how to embrace the situation I am in. I didn't learn it when I lived in UT when I was 21 and I didn't learn it this summer (10 years later) either!
**My house wasn't as clean as it should have been since I didn't have a lot else to do....I got busy hanging out with Sarah. It is all Sarah's fault. She is the one to blame. I take no responsibility for this one!!! haha
**I cried almost every other day....I have had MAJOR emotional problems in VA! I think there is something in the air...or the water. I really do. Cause when we first got here I had problems with my underarms itching. I think it was for the same reason. I don't know...but they have to be related.
**I let my kids run around looking like ragamuffins....Who was I trying to impress. Either you like my kids or you don't. They looked cute on Sundays and that's all that mattered. When you spend 4 hours at the pool every afternoon and walk to the store every evening, and those are the only places you can go cause you have no car, then there is really no reason to make your kids cute....or yourself for that matter. I guess I spent the summer running around looking like one too!
**I spent money when I shouldn't have.....when you have no money you shouldn't spend it. But sometimes you see something you just HAVE to have. And when you do finally get to get out of the cell you are in and stretch your legs a bit, it's hard not to spend a little money!
**I envied those in AZ....Silly I know. It's so pretty here. The weather is like 100' cooler. But still I wanted to be there, because I was here. Just know though, that as soon as I get there I will wish I was here because it will be too hot!
**I didn't try as hard as I should have to be a better friend out here....I got scared. I don't like new things and I don't make friends very easily. I have a tendency to be kind of an introvert. Now that it's the end f the summer, and everyone is leaving though, I realize I was friends with just about every girl out here, just not bff type friends. And that's a happy thing to realize.
**I didn't take better advantage of the workout facilities....I tried. I really did! NO JOKE! Ask Sarah. I pretty much got kicked out because my 1 yr old was in the work out room. Big NO NO (and a long funny story). Oh well. It's too hard to work out when you have to worry about where your children are every second anyway! But I more than made up for it in the way I took advantage of the pool! (that has to count for something right!!?)

I'm sure there are more. If you know one that's not on the list please feel free to comment about it!! And I will be sure to have an excuse for it!

Now we are packing up and heading out this week. I couldn't be more excited! I am ready to get home!!! I can't wait to see all of my family and friends when we get back. I will miss all of you APX ladies! Thanks for a great summer! Keep in touch...at least through the blog if nothing else! And remember if you are ever in Arizona & in need of a place to stay, our home is ALWAYS open to you!!!

If I don't manage to get back on here this week (which I can see happening) then I will see you all soon. And I'll be back blogging as soon as my Internet at home is up again!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Hmmm, you are envying me here and I am envying you there. The grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it? :) I'm sure you will look back on your experience with no regrets and I'm sure you've grown in ways you wouldn't have if you had not gone. I cannot wait to see you, girl, I miss you! Emmi needs to play with another kid who is just as obsessed with acting like an animal 24/7 (Addie:horse, Emmi:dog).

trublubyu said...

i hear you nat. why can't we just really enjoy the moment?

big_smartmouth said...

my fault?? MY fault?! who brought their dog over to help vaccum the food of your floor, huh? i take full responsiblity for you buying things (since i was the little devil on your shoulder telling you to get it), but the messy house is all you, twisted sister!! =) miss you like crazy here (chair and i both do!)! and i'm DYING for a pool!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're so cute.

Drew is the one who is amazing with a video camera or a regular one :-P

I know. Those pictures are awesome. He captures the most amazing angles.

mom and dad said...

Oh, Nat, you are way too hard on yourself! It doesn't matter about all of the little things that you didn't do...remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life and I am so thrilled that you are going to spend it here where you belong! Remember also.."There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home." Now click your heels three times and repeat this and you'll be home in no time. Travel safely.
laaf mom

Rachael said...

I'm so excited you're coming home! See you soon!

big_smartmouth said...

btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Kenyon said...

You are hard on yourself. Its hard being in an unfamiliar environment. Ive been there and I had a hard time. Az is "HOME"! You are awesome and loved!

Tiffany said...

LOL your too funny! I lived in mass for 6 months and I think I had about the same list! Other then the kids, bc I didn't have any then!! Oh well, different place and maybe we don't care bc we aren't staying! LOL That was my excuse!!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

The good thing is you got all that off your chest. Now you can start fresh and feel free! So happy for you to be comming home. Good luck on your trip!