Friday, August 22, 2008

Addie's birthday party

So on Friday, the 15th, we had a birthday party for Addie. It was going going to be a pool party. I thought everyone could just come and visit and swim. I invited all of the apx girls that were still here. Kids or not- they were invited. Addie has grown to love all of the ladies out here. Even the ones without kids she thinks are her friends. It is really cute. And they all love her too.

We woke up Friday morning to a cloudy day! So we waited. And thought about what to do. The clouds never lifted and it was supposed to rain. I had to make a decision. So
I finally settled on doing it in our apartment. I didn't want to get everything all set up and then have to take it inside. They kick you out of the entire pool area when it rains. So I texted everyone to let them know that it was at our house instead. Then I got to work doing the cake. OH BOY! What a stress. I asked Sarah to come over because I was about to have a melt down. And right as she walked in the door.....I did! I sat and cried for a few minutes. And then got back to work. She started hanging up decorations and I ran (on my feet) to the store to get the balloons filled. As I was going it started to rain...on the way back the sun came out. 5 minutes before the party was to start!!! And it stayed out for the rest of the afternoon. BUMMER! oh well. we did the party at our house anyway. It was cowgirl (or if you ask Addie- horse) themed. It was a surprise to her.


I didn't let her see ANYTHING before the party. She LOVED it!! All the adults sat around and visited. The kids had a blast playing and running around.
I am grateful that my neighbors below me are not home during the day...it was a little stressful having the kids being so loud on the floor! But they had fun.


The kids (or just the girls) took pictures behind the cowgirl banner. We sang to Addie & had cake & ice cream.
A couple people even brought her presents, which was nice because I said not to. Over all- the party was lame and I am not cut out to plan parties. It was waaaayyyy too stressful for me! But I think if you ask Addie she had a great birthday this year. And that's what counts!!!

Thanks to all of you wonderful women who came and shared Addie's birthday with her. She loved it and you made her feel so special!!! I appreciate the love that you have shown to my children this summer! You are all truly amazing women!



5 comments:

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

happy birthday, sweet girl!! i'm sad we weren't there. we miss you guys!!

trublubyu said...

it looks like you did a great job with the party. and i am sure that addie had a terrific time. i love the horse ballon. way cool. and great job on the cake!

Cellista said...

Happy Birthday Addie!!

That cake is awesome, and know that I have a meltdown just about every time I make a cake and have a birthday party too! I'm catching up on your blog, I've been so busy with trying to get school going here. So...
I love your haircut!!
I loved the tour of your apartment!
I'm glad you're excited to come home, and I know you'll do great with starting homeschool. And I'm always here to talk too. Have a great week!!!

big_smartmouth said...

it was not lame! i think everyone had fun. and i'm totally missing you guys...and the pool! kiss the kids for me! btw, loooove the count down until you leave! hehehe

mom and dad said...

Hey Nat, you didn't tell me about the cake that you did. You did a great job. If I were a little girl and liked horses, I would think that you were the best mom in the whole world! High five to you!