I have to admit it and I may as well do it now as later.
This summer I have fallen in love and had a wonderful affair! I have rekindled my love affair with reading!!!
I had forgotten how much I enjoy just sitting in a quiet house with a good book and reading until I am so tired that my eyes can't possibly stay open another minute. But also not wanting to put the book down because I am just DYING to know what happens next. And you can't even THINK of abandoning the hero/heroine in the middle of a crisis!
This summer I have read more books than in the last year combined! It's sad that life gets busy (& noisy) and you forget about things like books....except the little story books your children thrust in your hands because they want to spend some time with you, and they know you'll always stop and read them a story.
Besides all of the other books i have read (and you can see most of them on my bookshelf on the sidebar), a few stand out. Mostly the 2 sets of series that I have read. Both of them have 4 books each. And both of them I read REALLY fast. All 4 books! One in about 5 days and the other in about 10. I just get in to the characters and can't leave them alone. I just finished reading one of the series today. I am a little sad it is over. I am always sad at the end of a series. But I am glad that I can add 4 more cute books to my reading list this summer!
So if you are looking for something good to read then go peruse my bookshelf...... I saw my my friend Carla's bookshelf and just had to have one for myself. I LOVE my bookshelf! It's soo much easier than writing a review for a book (like I started to do a month ago). And I only put the ones on there that I like. So you NEVER have to wonder if it was a good book or not....because if it's on there it was GOOD!
HAPPY READING!!!!
This summer I have fallen in love and had a wonderful affair! I have rekindled my love affair with reading!!!
I had forgotten how much I enjoy just sitting in a quiet house with a good book and reading until I am so tired that my eyes can't possibly stay open another minute. But also not wanting to put the book down because I am just DYING to know what happens next. And you can't even THINK of abandoning the hero/heroine in the middle of a crisis!
This summer I have read more books than in the last year combined! It's sad that life gets busy (& noisy) and you forget about things like books....except the little story books your children thrust in your hands because they want to spend some time with you, and they know you'll always stop and read them a story.
Besides all of the other books i have read (and you can see most of them on my bookshelf on the sidebar), a few stand out. Mostly the 2 sets of series that I have read. Both of them have 4 books each. And both of them I read REALLY fast. All 4 books! One in about 5 days and the other in about 10. I just get in to the characters and can't leave them alone. I just finished reading one of the series today. I am a little sad it is over. I am always sad at the end of a series. But I am glad that I can add 4 more cute books to my reading list this summer!
So if you are looking for something good to read then go peruse my bookshelf...... I saw my my friend Carla's bookshelf and just had to have one for myself. I LOVE my bookshelf! It's soo much easier than writing a review for a book (like I started to do a month ago). And I only put the ones on there that I like. So you NEVER have to wonder if it was a good book or not....because if it's on there it was GOOD!
HAPPY READING!!!!

1 comment:
I love the Sisterhood series! I want to see the movie that's out now. Have you seen it? Was Marley & Me sad? I've been wanting to read it but I don't want to be crying the whole book either.
Post a Comment