Thursday, July 10, 2008

Reading......

I have been reading SOOOOO much since we got here. I have read about 6 or so books in 2 months! CRAZY! But I am loving it! What a great blessing to have my eye sight and be able to do something that I sincerely enjoy doing....but seldom make the time for at home! I have read some great books. A list? ok-

A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck
Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
Twilight, New Moon, & Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather......I started reading but couldn't get into it so I took it back to the library defeated.
You're Broke Because You Want to Be by Larry Winget
After the Rice by Wendy French....I'm reading right now I'll let ya know how it is.
Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore.....I am going to read after "After the Rice", again I'll let you know
The Wednesday Letters by Jason F Wright.....I'm supposed to be reading for my book club but went to the library to get it and every copy at every library around is either checked out or on hold! so hopefully i can get that and read it soon!

And my sister challenged the family to read the whole bible in a year. Which I have never done so I am doing that as well. I am excited about that challenge! I am going to post the reading schedule on my side bar. Anyone that wants to try go ahead and join. I am a few days behind in this one and playing catch-up right now. But I'll get back on track.

So all in all I am loving the reading and having fun finding new things to read. If you have any suggestions send them my way!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Your blog is so cute!!!!

I'm glad you made a list of the books, I'm always looking for a book to read. So, are you so excited for Breaking Dawn to come out?! I AM! I'm re-reading the series to refresh my memory. :)

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cellista said...

Great list!! I'm still slogging through my 888 list for this year. I just finished austenland by Shannon Hale, it was pretty good and helped me see just what a wonderful husband I really have here. And reading the Bible in one year?! I'm impressed. I'm working through the New Testament right now. I read the OT a few years ago--3 pages a day, but I read a commentary along with it or I would not have understood so much of it. It was hard, but I did finish. Good luck to you!