Sunday, April 20, 2008

52 Weeks of Blessings #16- Cleanliness


K- so I didn't go around taking pictures of my own house. But let me tell you- IT IS CLEAN!!! And has been for the last few weeks. Ever since Ammon left I have kept my house virtually spotless. I am sooo pleased with myself. (as this is not normal for me) Let me tell you exactly how pleased...... All the dishes washed and put right into the dishwasher after being used. All the laundry folded, & put away as soon as it comes out of the dryer...which happens right after the dryer is done drying. The floor has even been swept & mopped. The bathrooms are clean. The kids rooms are clean, the garbages are emptied when they need to be and haven't overflowed once. And all of the piles of garbage all over my room have been diffused and put away, so my room is clean as well...with the exception of the floor that needs to be vacuumed. So, I am not saying that Ammon makes all of the messes, but maybe I am saying we have too much stuff and need to reduce. (since I did send about half of the stuff with him since I can't exactly take it on the plane with me)

This week I spent 3 days in Avondale with my sister and her family. UNEXPECTEDLY. And we had a blast. It was a last minute decision to stay that long. I went out there on Wednesday and at 3am Thursday decided that it was best not to try and drive home that night. Then on Thursday decided that I should probably just stay another day since we would need to go back on Friday for my niece's birthday. We got home at about midnight on Friday night. (or Saturday morning?) It was soooo nice to come home to a sparkling clean house! I must also say a HUGE thank you to Jennifer for coming over and feeding the dogs while I was being irresponsible! It is great to have such good friends as I have been blessed with!

Anyway- I am grateful for cleanliness this week. It makes me feel better about myself and my home. It makes me feel like a better wife & mother. And that makes my home a happier place to be. So I guess that makes this a ten-fold blessing because it affects so many different areas of my life.

To me, this scripture just goes right along with this blessing:
"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;"
D&C 88:119

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Great blessing! I always feel so much better when my house is clean too.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

good job girl!! It might also be that you don't have a husband distracting you!!! However, I am the opposite if Tom is away I DON"T clean. So extra bonus points for you Ü

Emy5 said...

Way to go Nat! It's awesome to have a clean house and feel good about it.

Tiffany said...

Great job! I love having a clean house! It ALWAYS makes me feel good to not come home and have to get cleaning!! I LOVE that scripture by the way! It is so good!

debsfreckles said...

well said Nat! Thanks for commenting on my blog and sorry for no response (it was a busy week and then I forgot). Connie and I are so glad to have found you in the blogging world. Your childrens are adorable!