Monday, February 4, 2008

Our new prophet

The appointment of a new prophet has only happened a few times in my lifetime. I don't recall the events. I do remember when President Hunter died and President Hinckley was called. But at that time we didn't have the technology we have today to be able to watch as the announcement was made.

This morning at 11:00 am my little family gathered around the computer screen (we don't have cable) .and watched as President Monson, President Eyring, and President Uchtdorf were announced as the new First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

What a special experience for me as I held my daughter on my lap and shared this experience with her! I know she probably won't recall it when she gets older. But I am glad to have that memory!!! And what joy to me when she recognized President Monson and said his name! I guess we must be teaching her something correct!!!

No comments: