Sunday, February 10, 2008

52 Weeks of Blessings #6- Adoption

This is a two part blessing.
But this week I am thankful for.........
Adelaide Brynne
&
Ephriam Daniel
My 2 sweet angels- miracle babies!

I didn't go through hours of excruciating labor in a hospital bed. I didn't have a near death experience giving birth. I didn't even have to go through a VERY difficult pregnancy.

But I did have my own kind of labor to go through. Both of my children are adopted. Both of my children came to me on a very thin thread. Both of my children have their own unique story to tell. Both of my children are blessings to me & my husband. And both of my children are proof that I have a loving Father in Heaven who knows me and is aware of my struggles, desires, & heart aches.

My children are miracles because of how they found their way to our home. Their stories are long and involved. I would break down and cry if I tried to tell them. I do it every time. Their stories are sooo close to my heart. My experiences as I waited for them are close to my heart.

Little Miss Addie came to our family through a friend of ours. Through her sister-in-law's sister. How's that for confusing!!?! She was in a different state. We had to go through many months of stuff to get her. With other people expressing their "concern" for our well-being if it didn't work out. Long story short- our sweet baby girl finally came home. Then it took a further 2 years to finalize her adoption. What a sweet day for us when we were finally sealed together as a family!


Imagine our surprise as we found out, 2 days after the sealing, of a baby boy that was to be part of our family as well! He also came to us through a friend of a friend........ our friend's, friend's daughter. We were not expecting this one.....Well maybe Ammon had in inkling. But it was a surprise to me! But I didn't turn it down! We brought him home 3 days later. He was local...it went quicker.

And now we have 2 sweet children. Do you think they look like us? :) Yes or No, it doesn't matter. Because they are ours for time & all eternity. And they were meant to be ours even before this life began.

Ammon & I have now been married for 9 years. We know we aren't done having children. We know there are more to come. How or when we don't know. But we are grateful for the blessing of adoption that brought us our first two!

(now you have to wait a whole nother week to find out what the other part of this blessing is!)

4 comments:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Wonderful post! Adoption is a wonderful blessing for both the child and the parents. We have one that's adopted. If you want to read his story it is titled Happy Birthday Robby. I love a good adoption story! My sister is currently in the process... they have had him for 2 years but he's still not finalized -- long story.

Pam said...

What great blessings. I love adoption stories.

Heidi said...

You know that I know all too well your feelings! Adoption is a great blessing and I remember the spirit I felt when I witnessed you being sealed to Ephraim, there's no doubt those kids were meant for you two!

andrea said...

I love your sweet family! You were all meant to be together, I know that. I think it's wonderful that you have the faith and patience to understand and embrace your plan. Your kids are absolutely adorable!!!