Sunday, February 3, 2008

52 Weeks of Blessings #5- Priesthood Blessings


The first half of my week was spent feeling down-in-the-dumps. AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!!!! On Tuesday night I went over to Jennifer's house, just to get out of mine. I felt great while I was there. But as soon as I walked back in my door, I wanted to start crying again. (Thanks Jennifer for being a great friend!!!!!) On Wednesday morning I realized that leaving my house was only like trying to hide from the problem. Like putting a band-aide on a cut. It only hides it, but the cut is still there....and usually still hurts. But you are able to forget about it for a sec because you aren't looking at it anymore.

I asked Ammon to give me a blessing. I came away from that feeling just as bad. I was being very ungrateful because Heavenly Father didn't tell me what I was telling him to tell me. Nice HUH!!?! I think He probably looks down at me and thinks, "You are the MOST ungrateful child I have EVER had! (little brat!)" I feel better now though.

After I took a shower, I was able to sit and think about what I was told. I was told some really great stuff! Even though I was frustrated because I wasn't told EXACT details about things, Heavenly Father's blessings are always what I need to hear at that time. Sometimes I have to sit and figure out WHAT I am being told. But it ALWAYS works out to my advantage.

So even though I got there in a round about way............I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who sends me blessing even when I am ungrateful for them. And probably, usually, undeserving of them. And I am grateful for a righteous husband who is worthy to give me a priesthood blessing whenever I need, or ask for, one.

Malachi 3:10
"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

4 comments:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

The priesthood is a great blessing!

Heidi said...

Good blessing! So, I don't know if her heard me bear my testimony yesterday... I was so freakin nervous but I think you'd like the quote I couldn't remember! Of course, I remembered it as soon as I was done. It says:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

Jen said...

I am glad you are feeling better. What a blessing the priesthood is! I am glad I was at least a distraction! Anytime you need one just let me know!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Keep your spirits up. Time goes by so fast in a week you won't even remember this little bump in the road!