Well, I made it through my 1st SUnday in Primary! Barely. (At least that's how I feel)
I felt like a big dork doing sharing time today. Junior Primary was soooo noisy and Senior Primary was sooo quiet! I had different activities for both. And it went well....until one little girl asked a winner of a question. That's where the "OH BOY" comes in. (see above in the title)
Today we were talking about being created in the image of God. I was asking them to tell me things that made them look like one or the other of their parents. Then one girl (in sr pri) raises her hand and asks, "Well how do mothers get their babies......" (thankfully that was not the whole question!) To make this easy to understand while reading it, what she wanted to know was why do babies look like their parents. I was not going to go into DNA and scientific stuff in Primary, so I talked about our spirits and being that way before we got our bodies. Then she asked, "But how does Heavenly Father know what family a baby goes with?" So I told her that we were able to choose before we were born and we all knew what family we would be a part of before we came to earth. I think I answered her question to her liking because she didn't ask anymore. Boy was I relieved.
The icing on the cake was that the Bishopric counselor over Primary was sitting in on sharing time today!!! Hopefully he doesn't tell me later that I was preaching false doctrine and that the bishop really needs to reconsider the calling they gave me!
Thankfully I don't have to do sharing time again for another month!
I felt like a big dork doing sharing time today. Junior Primary was soooo noisy and Senior Primary was sooo quiet! I had different activities for both. And it went well....until one little girl asked a winner of a question. That's where the "OH BOY" comes in. (see above in the title)
Today we were talking about being created in the image of God. I was asking them to tell me things that made them look like one or the other of their parents. Then one girl (in sr pri) raises her hand and asks, "Well how do mothers get their babies......" (thankfully that was not the whole question!) To make this easy to understand while reading it, what she wanted to know was why do babies look like their parents. I was not going to go into DNA and scientific stuff in Primary, so I talked about our spirits and being that way before we got our bodies. Then she asked, "But how does Heavenly Father know what family a baby goes with?" So I told her that we were able to choose before we were born and we all knew what family we would be a part of before we came to earth. I think I answered her question to her liking because she didn't ask anymore. Boy was I relieved.
The icing on the cake was that the Bishopric counselor over Primary was sitting in on sharing time today!!! Hopefully he doesn't tell me later that I was preaching false doctrine and that the bishop really needs to reconsider the calling they gave me!
Thankfully I don't have to do sharing time again for another month!

4 comments:
Oh boy is right! At least she didn't then ask about adopted kids! after the "choosing" response! That is one I'm sure we'll deal with in the future. This was my 2nd Sunday in Primary {teach the 10 turning 11 class}.
I bet your sharing time was great! I was thinking about you yesterday, so I am glad you posted! How long does your ward have for sharing time and singing time? I feel like I am lucky to have 7 minutes to teach music!
i would hope that i could answer the adoption question OK. my babies are both adopted. but hopefully those kinds of questions don't come up too often....if at all again!
we have the full 3 hour block So i have about 20 min for sharing time.... we had a few lulls yesterday. but for the most part everything went rather smoothly.....i think!
Natalie, I'm sure you did great! I peeked in a couple of times and it looked like everything was a-ok! Emmi's lucky to have you as her primary president. And I'm glad you'd know how to answer any adoption questions! :)
Post a Comment