Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley- Beloved Prophet

Beloved Church President,
Gordon B. Hinckley, Dies at 97

This evening we were at my parent's house. Around 8:00pm my dad was talking on the phone to my brother in Kansas. Bren told dad that President Hinckley passed away today. Of course everyone started asking questions. But the main one was "When!?!" He said about an hour and a half earlier.

Knowing Bren you can never tell when he's joking. But this was real. I called Jennifer (because Bruce is in the Bishopric) thinking FOR SURE they would know if this was in fact true. Bruce was at a Stake meeting. Then Ammon found the info we were looking for in the newsroom section of the
lds.org web site. Of course we are touched by his passing. And we thought what a happy reunion he must have had with his sweet wife!

Will you ever forget where you were and what you were doing when you heard this news???

President Hinckley will surley be missed!

For the full article click
here

BTW- I was going to make this my blessing for this week but decided against it. So I will post that tomorrow.....

1 comment:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I have read many post about the prophet today. He was a truly remarkable amn and a prophet of God! We have been blessed to live in his time.