So yesterday was my first Sunday in Primary. I was in charge of sharing time. I stressed about how it would go all week. Just ask Jennifer how many times I called her..... (btw- i never did say thanks for baring with me jen!)
This year we moved to 9am church. About a 1/2 hour before church the power went out. It flicked on & off 3 times, then stayed off. So it was still off when church started. We had sacrament meeting in the dark with no microphone. All the light we had were the emergency lights. It was an interesting experience. Brother Abraham announced that if the power didn't come back on then we would be released to go home after sacrament meeting.
Here's why I was bummed......after all that stress and hard work and preparation, we ended up going home after sacrament meeting! So I didn't even get to use all of the stuff that I stressed about all week! On the other hand someone did say to me that I pulled it off without any hitches! Guess I need to be more optimistic and I would have seen it that way too. I think it was also a blessing though because my 1st counselor & secretary were gone.
Jenny said that she was sad that they weren't going to make it back in time. She said that she was kind of whining to Zach about it and he said, "Well, church isn't going to stop just because you aren't going to be there." When I talked to her today she said, "I guess it did stop because I wasn't there!" I thought that was sooo funny!
Well- I guess I get an extra week to get ready for Primary! :)
This year we moved to 9am church. About a 1/2 hour before church the power went out. It flicked on & off 3 times, then stayed off. So it was still off when church started. We had sacrament meeting in the dark with no microphone. All the light we had were the emergency lights. It was an interesting experience. Brother Abraham announced that if the power didn't come back on then we would be released to go home after sacrament meeting.
Here's why I was bummed......after all that stress and hard work and preparation, we ended up going home after sacrament meeting! So I didn't even get to use all of the stuff that I stressed about all week! On the other hand someone did say to me that I pulled it off without any hitches! Guess I need to be more optimistic and I would have seen it that way too. I think it was also a blessing though because my 1st counselor & secretary were gone.
Jenny said that she was sad that they weren't going to make it back in time. She said that she was kind of whining to Zach about it and he said, "Well, church isn't going to stop just because you aren't going to be there." When I talked to her today she said, "I guess it did stop because I wasn't there!" I thought that was sooo funny!
Well- I guess I get an extra week to get ready for Primary! :)

1 comment:
I am glad I can help. I cannot believe after all that work and we did not even have primary. There were some sad kids. Bruce was glad. He really enjoyed his nap!
Post a Comment