Monday, January 28, 2008

52 Weeks of Blessings #4- Rain!!!

I ABSOLUTELY love the rain!

Some days I wish it would never STOP! I love cloudy days! I love standing outside and feeling the drops land on me. I have no idea where my love of rain came from. I remember being a little girl in Colorado (& Texas). The rain there was like ice hitting you. I remember being a little girl in Arizona too. The rain there is warm! That was such a surprise to me the first time I felt the rain there.

Maybe the reason I love rain so much is because it is a break from the sun. Maybe it's because I live in a desert and I know how much the earth needs the moisture, and that we don't get enough of it here. Maybe it's because it reminds me of Ammon's favorite primary song. It could be that rainy days induce laziness, and make me feel like I have a real legitimate reason to be frump-girl. Maybe it's because I like looking for rainbows after the rain has ended....even more now that I have a daughter. And to see the joy in her face when she sees one is something I can't describe. Whenever it rains it reminds me of weeks in the summer, spent in Durango, at grandma's cabin. Every afternoon there would be a little shower and one of my favorite sounds (to this day) is hearing rain hit the roof....any roof. At the cabin it was a tin roof. And I would sit out on the gross (I didn't think it was so gross then) couch on the balcony and listen to the rain and felt at peace. We don't have seasons in good ol' AZ. So I am thankful for a variation when it rains. That is one of my favorite blessings that Heavenly Father sends..... especially after your whole stake has a special fast because it has been an EXTREMELY dry summer and the crops need it. To see that much faith exhibited by that many people at the same time....and to see it start to rain and know that our loving Father in Heaven is mindful of us. That is a humbling thing!!!

Whatever the reason-- I love the rain!

4 comments:

Pam said...

I love the rain too.

Heidi said...

The rain is awesome! It is so nice to get a variation of weather here in AZ! I agree with you about the laziness it brings about and I think the rain IS a good excuse!

Calli Potter said...

In Arizona, the rain is amazing because it is unexpected and desperatly needed... In Kansas the rain just keeps coming, but you're still grateful, because it means it isn't snowing...yet!

Rachael said...

I'm with you on the rain. I just love rainy days - except when we want to go to the zoo :)