Saturday, December 1, 2007

Persimmon Pie

+ =

For Thanksgiving, at my parent's, we all contribute to the meal. Each family brings a part. Plus we all bring a pie, so mom doesn't have to make so many. This year I decided to try something new.

In our produce baskets the Saturday before Thanksgiving we got persimmons. I did not know what one was, had never seen one, never tasted one, etc.... But it is a fruit, so I decided that you MUST be able to make a pie out of them. I got on line and found A TON of recipes for them. I was very happy about this!

I thought that my pie turned out really pretty. I don't know how it tasted, but that's not the point. The point is I went out of my comfort zone and tried something new. So whether it tasted good or bad I don't care......I did it, and that's what counts!!!

But just in case you wanted to know.... those who tasted it said it was good. Mom said it was really sweet. Marcy said she doesn't think that she persimmons.

No comments: