Sundays are THE HARDEST day of the week! Some weeks it is EXTREMELY hard to want to go to church at all. Other weeks, like today, I'm ready to give up and go home right after Sacrament Meeting. Ammon & I had to FORCE ourselves to stay today. At one point, during RS, I was out in the hall with Ephriam, and happened to look in the primary room window. There is my daughter ASLEEP in her teacher's lap! Could we even get her to take a nap BEFORE church? NO WAY!!!! So I had to go give Ephriam to Ammon so I could go get Addie. I felt sooo bad. I know that Amanda (Griggs, Addie's teacher) had a hard time dealing with the rest of her wiggly class because she was tied down by MY daughter. On the up side I was then able to go back in to RS and enjoy the rest of the lesson, because I wasn't fighting with an overly tired, & hungry, 11 month old.
It never used to be this way. Sundays used to be the same as any other day. That seemed to end when Addie turned 4 and Ephriam was old enough to move around. But they don't get naps in the morning, and if we put them down for one before church we have to wake them up to go, which is OK for Ephriam (mood wise) but VERY detrimental to Addie's mood. It just makes her crankier than ever and he's still tired because he didn't get his full nap.
Someday it will not be this frustrating.... right? I think my mom told me that once....I'm still not sure if I believe her. MAYBE........
It never used to be this way. Sundays used to be the same as any other day. That seemed to end when Addie turned 4 and Ephriam was old enough to move around. But they don't get naps in the morning, and if we put them down for one before church we have to wake them up to go, which is OK for Ephriam (mood wise) but VERY detrimental to Addie's mood. It just makes her crankier than ever and he's still tired because he didn't get his full nap.
Someday it will not be this frustrating.... right? I think my mom told me that once....I'm still not sure if I believe her. MAYBE........

2 comments:
Nat,
It does get easier! I used to feel the same way, but it is amazing how, slowly, things do get better, until one day you realize...I can do this parenting thing! You are doing great! Babies are so hard for me too, so keep your fingers crossed for us with this 3rd one coming! :)
I totally understand! Sometimes I come home from church with a pounding headache. The whole missed nap thing kills us. Just think in only a few short months we will be have the early block! I personally can not wait! Hope we can make it until January:)
Post a Comment