Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A bigger family.....

Well last night we went & had family pictures taken with Ammon's family. Afterwards we went over to my parents house to drop something off on the way home. When we got there we saw that my brother, Scott, & his family were there. We asked what they were doing there and they said that they stopped by to drop off a flower. OK. Whatever that means!

As the conversation progressed they said it again. I noticed a blue flower sitting on the half wall. I said, "Oh that flower? I saw it there and just thought that maybe it was an invitation to a baby shower. An elaborate invite, but an invite." Because I could see the word "boy" on the card attached to the vase.

So I guess that Scott & Ruth are expecting a baby boy. Due in March. And so goes the string of boys. (about 5 years ago there was a trend of girls in my family. 8 in a row....now the tide has turned to boys....4 in a row...so far)

We are SOOO excited for them! I knew she was pregnant about a month ago. But in their own words,
"We first found out we were pregnant in early July, and after a couple of weeks of morning sickness, it went away. Then I started spotting, so we were really bummed thinking we were miscarrying again. From that point on, in our minds, we weren't pregnant anymore. But then the weeks passed and nothing happened, no cramping or further spotting. I was really tired and had a lot of headaches, so we started thinking maybe we were still pregnant. When I called our doctor to make an appointment, it would take 3 weeks to get in to him.

So that day was yesterday and it was the first time that this has seemed real. It has been a roller coaster for us, but we are so excited to finally add to our little family. We took the girls to the appointment with us and when we found out it was a boy Heidi said, "Mom, I knew it was a boy!" (She has been asking for a baby brother for her birthday for the last 2 years.)

I am a funny person who likes to hear that heartbeat before we tell anyone, and so it feels so great to tell you! Especially since my clothes are starting to get tight! :)"

We can't wait for this little guy to get here. AAAANND....since they waited so long to tell us it will make the time seem to fly by faster. YAY!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

here is a link to make your blog into a book! http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook